51 More white crosses are to be erected at the ‘White Cross Monument’ in memory of South African farmers who have been attacked and brutally murdered. This tribute will take place over the weekend of 6 to 8 September 2019.
The ceremony will take place at the monument between Mokopane (Potgietersrus) and Polokwane (Pietersburg).
The program is as follows for Saturday 7 September 2019:
1. Gather at the ranch motel on the R101 between 07:00 and 08:30. Departure punctually and arrive at 09:30 at the monument.
2. The ‘Bittereinder Perdekommando’ arrives at 09:30 at the monument after which Francois Schutte will open the ceremony and representing the flag then will follow.
3. The ‘Stem’ will then be sung.
4. Pastor Tj of the 911 bikers and all the men will then lead in prayer.
5. Thank you’s and special awards.
6. Pause of 15 minutes.
7. Singing by Danie V D Westhuizen.
8. Anneline Kriel will be a guest speaker.
9. Hermien and her son David v d bergh do a prayer.
10. Singing by Danie V D Westhuizen.
11. Westley Barnard Speaker.
12. Singing by Danie V D Westhuizen.
13. Barend Pienaar Speaker.
14. Handing over of the white crosses by Barend pienaar and Anneline kriel.
15. Cannon fires and then the “the last post” will be played , followed by a minute silence in tribute.
16. Planting of the crosses.
17. Closing and visit to all the stalls.
For more information you can contact Lita Cross Fourie on 0604146129 or Mariaan on 0649690661.
Read more about the White Cross Monument here
Read about more farm attacks here
South Africa Today – South Africa News