Cigarette smoking is not just injurious to the health of the smoker but is also harmful to the people around them. The smoke a cigarette emits affects the health of the smoker, the health of people in the surrounding and also pollutes the environment.
Passive smoking is when a person inhales the smoke from the cigarette of someone who is smoking nearby. Passive smoking is equally harmful. When a person smokes, he does not realize there are children, elderly, women and even expecting mothers around them. The smoke emitted is inhaled by them and may affect their health as well.
Keeping in view the hazards smoking presents to the user and the environment, the trend of electronic cigarettes is getting popular. Electronic cigarettes, more commonly known as e-cigarettes or vaporizer cigarettes are electric nicotine delivery systems that deliver nicotine or similar chemicals to the user that helps him crunch his craving to smoke and also does not produce any smoke.
What are E-Cigarettes?
An e-cigarette is a tube that resembles a cigarette, a pipe, or a cigar. They are reusable and come with cartridges that can be refilled while some are also disposable that are disposed off once consumed. They are smokeless and non-tobacco cigarettes which are also very popular among people who are trying to quit smoking.
Components of an E-Cigarette and how it Works:
An E-Cigarette contains the following components:
- A cartridge or a mouthpiece that contains liquid nicotine. It is fixed at the end of the tube. There is a small plastic cup that is contained within the mouthpiece that has an absorbent material that is soaked in the liquid solution.
- A vaporizing chamber that has a heating element: this part of an e-cigarette is also called an atomizer that is responsible to heat the liquid enough to vaporize it.
- A battery that is rechargeable: the battery provides the electric supply to the atomizer. The battery is a lithium-ion battery.
- Electronic circuit: electric circuit serves as a connection between the battery and the atomizer.
- Sensor: the sensor is responsible to activate the heating element upon the sucking by the user. This activated is indicated by a LED light.
- Solution: the solution is also termed as e-juice is composed of nicotine that extracted from tobacco. This nicotine is mixed with a suitable base which is usually propylene glycol and a flavor.
When a person sucks the e-cig, the heating element is activated through a sensor. The heating element vaporizes the liquid nicotine that is held in the cartridge or the mouthpiece. This vapor or the aerosol solution of nicotine is inhaled by the user.
The nicotine content is variable. It may be zero or it may be very high. The person opts for the strength according to his need. People usually start with high and then reduce the strength slowly and gradually if they are willing to quit smoking.
Benefits of E-Cigarettes:
E-Cigarettes come with a number of benefits.
- Fore mostly, e-cigarettes do not burn tobacco which makes them less harmful.
- They are safer and a healthier alternative to cigarette smoking since they do not produce any smoke.
- They give you a better and more enjoyable smoking experience with a variety of flavours to choose from.
- E-cigarettes can be used in places where smoking is not allowed since they produce no smoke.
- You don’t need any ashtrays with e-cigarettes so it is a less hassle. You can smoke anywhere, anytime without the need to worry about leaving ash around.
- They come with varying nicotine levels so it can greatly assist you in killing your craving for smoke and can also adjust the level of nicotine as per your desire. Above all, they can assist you greatly if you want to phase out from smoking habit.
- Since it is a smokeless option, your breathing and circulation are greatly improved. Tobacco smoke is what makes smoking so injurious to health. It is the tobacco smoke that gets deposited in the lungs and makes the blood vessels stiff. Once you using e-cigarettes, you will feel that are breathing better and feel more stamina when it comes to physical chores.
Risk Associated with E-Cigarettes:
No matter how many benefits are associated with e-cigarettes, at the end of the day, it is smoking and comes with some serious risks. Some of them are listed below:
- Though they do not contain tobacco, they contain nicotine that itself is addictive.
- The solvents that are used in the e-liquid contain chemicals that may cause serious health issues, one of them being popcorn lungs that are an irreversible disease.
- E-cigarettes are very dangerous for pregnant women, as nicotine may affect fetal development.
- The concept of e-smoking attracts teenagers since it promotes the idea of “safe smoking”. As mentioned earlier, smoking is smoking, be it with tobacco or without it. The teenagers turn towards smoking and end up getting addicted which is one major risk of e-cigarettes n the long run.
- They may help in quitting smoking but FDA has not stated it as safe and effective, and there is also no evidence to support this claim.
E-cigarettes have gained popularity and are starting to become a style statement as well. People who are not usually smokers have started smoking because they feel it is a trend and style, because of the promoted concept of e-cigarettes being safe. There are benefits and risks that are associated with it. When compared with conventional smoking, they are definitely a safer and a better option and is an ideal option for people who want to quit smoking.
So, if you are planning to switch towards e-cigarettes and looking for options, www.whichecigarrete.com is the place for you! It has the latest reviews of e-cigarettes and vaporizers for you that will make it easier for you to decide which e-cig you should go for!