As far as maintenance of health is concerned, it is no longer a separate issue for most of us; rather it has become a daily concern. While choosing your food, make sure that you are opting for the ones that are rich in nutrients and can be a good source for immunity and strength for you. Salmon is a food that is good to taste and has adequate health benefits associated with it to be called healthy food. To learn more about the pros and cons of salmon and its varieties, opt for the globalseafoods website.
One of the most commonly caught salmon in Alaska is the Chum Salmon, otherwise known as Keta. Wild Chum Salmon can be caught throughout the Pacific Ocean and is highly prized for its meat and roe. Used in many different recipes, Chum Salmon Fillets are very popular for smoking as they are known to nicely absorb the flavors of the tobacco without sacrificing too much of its own flavors.
The practice of eating chum salmon
Alaskan Chum Salmon has been fished for many hundreds of years, especially by the Native people of the Americas. The term Chum comes from the Chinook people’s word tzum, which translates to “spotted”, for the markings on the fish’s back.
Goodness of Salmon
- Salmon is known to be one of the richest sources of long chain Omega 3 fatty acid that control the growth of cholesterol.
- Salmon fish is also rich in protein that is counted as muscle builders and immunity enhancer.
- A rich source of antioxidants, salmon can be a great way to do away with your free radicals.
- Studies reveal that salmon has the ability to fight heart diseases ensuring cardiac health
- Vitamin B is found in abundance in salmon fish.
- If you are looking for food that will help you in getting rid of the extra pounds, salmon can be of much help to you.
How is chum salmon different from the other varieties?
Chum Salmon meat is usually lighter than other salmon like Sockeye or King Salmon, but fresh chum salmon is still a great choice. The flavor is not as strong as other salmons as well, leaving some people to prefer the chum salmon taste due to their dislike of overly “fishy” flavors.
Where to find salmon recipes?
If you wish to make a great delicacy with the salmon fillet, globalseafoods offers a variety of recipes to go through and consider for cooking. There are multiple recipes online, and many of them are related to making of items from chum salmon fillet.
Chum salmon nutrition value
Salmon is known as one of the greatest superfoods in the world by doctors and nutritionists alike. An average Chum Salmon Fillet can have a high amount of Lean Proteins and Omega 3 Fatty Acid. Lean protein is a protein that is not filled with fats that increase your caloric intake and build up in your body.