Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia is due to release a preliminary report on the disappearance of flight MH370 nearly two months after it went missing, according to a transport ministry official.
Malaysian media reported Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein as saying the report would be made public on Thursday but gave no other details.
According to state news agency Bernama, Mr Hishammuddin said the report would be similar to the one forwarded to the International Civil Aviation Organisation.
“I don’t think there’s going to be any problem to issue it. But we have decided it as a team, that it’s going to be issued tomorrow,” he was quoted as saying.
A transport ministry official confirmed the reports but could not comment further.
Angry relatives of the 239 people aboard the plane have accused Malaysia of hiding information – a claim the government has persistently denied.
Malaysian officials said last week that the report already had been sent to the International Civil Aviation Organisation. [….]
South Africa Today – World News