As we are living in an era of exponentially growing technology, new genius methods have been discovered in almost every arena of life. New technologies are keenly observed to be bringing revolutionary changes to the world, Sophisticated and smart methods have replaced the conventional old laborious methods. That article is also about new nimble-witted technology, “Moisture content analysis via Smart Moisture balances”
What is a Moisture Analyzer?
Moisture Analyzer, as the name speaks of some type of machine or gadget, that has something to do with moisture content. Yeah, moisture analyzer is kinda’ instruments that are utilized in various laboratories or various industries for analyzing and manufacturing processes, mainly to have moisture content metrics for various samples. They are often called moisture balancers. They provide you with the ease over the strenuous traditional techniques and methods of analyzing the moisture content like halogen lamp heating, Karl Fisher titration methods, electrical methods, nuclear or near-infrared methods, etc. There are various kinds of moisture analyzers, available in the market.
Function Of Moisture Analyzer:
For, finding the moisture content, small samples are taken for the moisture analysis. There can be various types of moistures in a sample like absorbed moisture, surface moisture, and chemically bonded moisture. Basically, a moisture analyzer works by removing these types of moisture contents. The following processes are done on a sample.
This is why moisture loss is determined by subtracting the weight of dried samples from that one carrying moisture (sample before dying). This method is usually called a LOD method -“Loss On Drying Method”
Why Moisture Analyzers are preferred over ovens??
Moisture Analyzers and oven drying methods both are based on thermogravimetry principles, but moisture analyzers are far snappier than conventional ovens. They are additionally increasingly versatile and save you from tad annoying steps like first weigh, then dry, then weigh one after one another. They continuously measure the mass during the drying process. So, within a single step, two processes are being done, that makes moisture analyzer more efficient one. The whole process comes to end within 10 to 15 minutes that also reduce the inaccuracy rate. These analyzers are additionally associated with PCs for better data communication and sample analysis. For convenience, some moisture analyzers are connected to printers as well. They work with various test techniques.
How to Calibrate a Moisture Analyzer?
Calibrating a moisture analyzer is very necessary or checking the accuracy of the instrument. Mainly, two calibrations are done
- Weight Calibration
- Temperature calibration
Before calibrating the moisture analyzer, take into account the following precautions:
- cleanliness of sample and analyzer
- let the pan and sample be cool down, as they can be hot after drying, so our analyzer should be kept on for hours(for temp calibration, it’s necessary )
- if the bubble indicator isn’t in the centre, adjust it in the centre via screws at the base
1- Weight Calibration
- Enter the menu
- Select calibration mode
- Start the weight calibration
- Place 50 grams on the balancing pan, if the display shows 0.00 gm, our balance is calibrated
2- Temperature Calibration
- Making sure that analyzer is cool, place the sample pan in it
- Near to temperature sensor, inject the temperature probe.
- After entering the menu for selecting calibration, there will be 0.00 the screen and timer would be on. The temperature will be adjusted to room temperature when the temperature will count up to particular times. Now measure the chamber temperature. If it retains itself for some time, enter the lower temperature
- Proceed with the test by pressing the setup. The warmers will turn on and start warming the test chamber. The temperature will rise up to a particular value, 150 normally. After some minutes, there would be a beep.
- Now press setup to enter the displayed second value of temperature. It will be stored by confirming it. Following the above procedure, calibration is done
Advantages of Moisture Analyzer:
- They are preferably used in laboratories, pharmaceutical plants, and other manufacturing processes.
- They give immediate readings(typically in minutes)
- They save you from onerous traditional methods
- They are calibrated easily
- They provide a simple user interface
- They heat the sample without burning it
- They give exact results
- They are quite cheaper in the market
Disadvantages of Moisture Analyzer:
- They don’t run properly on a long term basis
- May be any fluid other than water turns into vapours.
So, in short, Block For IL Analyzers are highly recommendable instruments and tell you the exact moisture content, without any chances of errors. If you still can’t comprehend the Moisture Analyzer in the light of the above article, you can get further information via the web or the user manual, you would get with your respective package.