As I got a query from a friend about this WhatsApp problem, I realized that the issue is quite common. If you are also using WhatsApp on iPhone, then you might encounter this problem too. Don’t worry – it is quite easy to backup WhatsApp on iCloud and later restore it as well. Though, you need to follow some guidelines to make sure there are no compatibility errors. I’m going to provide a stepwise guide to do it right here.
How to Restore WhatsApp chats from iCloud?
WhatsApp allows us to link our application with an iCloud account on iPhone or a Google account on Android. Therefore, if you have enough free space on your iCloud, then you can easily maintain WhatsApp backup on it. One of the best things about this technique is that your backup would be stored in the cloud. This will let you access your data even if your device storage would get corrupt. You would be able to perform WhatsApp backup and restore wirelessly without connecting it to a system.
Although the method might sound simple, it has tons of pitfalls and compatibility issues. For instance, while restoring your WhatsApp backup, the existing data on the device would be deleted. Also, there is no provision to preview the backup content and perform a selective transfer. Besides that, you should consider the following things in mind beforehand.
- Firstly, make sure that there is enough free storage on iCloud. By default, only 5 GB of free space on iCloud is given. Thus, you might need to upgrade your account for this. You can go to your phone’s iCloud settings to check the free storage. Also, make sure that the iCloud Drive option is enabled.
- To restore your WhatsApp chats, you need to make sure that you are using the same device and WhatsApp is linked to the same phone number. Otherwise, you might encounter compatibility errors.
- Your phone should be connected to a stable working internet connection.
Backup WhatsApp to iCloud
Needless to say, you can’t restore your data without taking its backup. To do this, quickly follow this drill.
- Unlock your device and launch WhatsApp on it.
- Tap on its menu button and visit its Settings > Chats/Chat Settings.
- Go to the “Chat Backup” option and tap on the “Backup Now” button to save your WhatsApp chats.
- Furthermore, you can go to the “Auto Backup” option and enable the automatic backup (daily/weekly/monthly) feature.
Restore WhatsApp from iCloud
After taking a backup of your WhatsApp on iCloud, you can easily restore it. In case if you are already using WhatsApp, then you need to reinstall it.
- Reinstall WhatsApp on the same device and enter your phone number. Make sure that you are entering the same number on which the backup was taken and that the device is connected to your iCloud account.
- In no time, WhatsApp will detect the existing backup. Tap on the “Restore Chat History” button to continue.
- Wait for a while and maintain a stable internet connection to restore your chats.
iSkysoft Toolbox – Restore Social App: The Best Way to Backup & Restore WhatsApp
One of the easiest and fastest ways to backup or restore WhatsApp data is with iSkysoft Toolbox – Restore Social App. It is a part of the iSkysoft Toolbox and provides smart backup/restore solutions for WhatsApp, Line, WeChat, Kik, and Viber. With just one click, you can take an entire backup of your WhatsApp. Later, you can preview the chats and the attachments. In this way, you can select the chats (and media files) that you wish to restore.
- The tool can take an entire backup of WhatsApp chats, attachments, and contacts on the local system.
- It can also extract the WhatsApp backup so that you can selectively restore it to any iOS or Android device.
- You can also perform a direct WhatsApp iOS to Android or iOS to the iOS transfer of data as well.
- The existing data on your iOS device won’t be deleted as you would restore your WhatsApp chats.
- You can restore the backup to any iOS or Android device without facing any compatibility issues.
- Preview the backup and restore only the content of your choice.
With so many features, iSkysoft Toolbox – Restore Social App provides the best solution to backup and restore WhatsApp chats. You can easily manage your WhatsApp data like a pro. It will let you backup your chats, restore them, and even transfer them from iPhone to iPhone/Android in no time.