If you aspire to get an AWS certification, no wonder, you need to have good knowledge of the AWS, to begin with, it. Though you need to do a lot of hard work if you are a beginner, you can enjoy a lot of perks later after you clear the paper.
Windows Pro and Global Knowledge have conducted 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey that reveals that the average pay for any AWS certified candidate has exceeded $100,000.
There are tons of organizations, for example, Udemy, Simplilearn, etc., that can help you scale your cloud skills and gain competency in the AWS platform.
Having a certification does not ensure you a six-figure salary; however, it definitely makes a difference in your interview and gives you an edge above other candidates.
The AWS offers many certifications depending on your role and interest. From solution architects to system administrators to developers, you can certify your skills in different domains. Each certification has three hierarchies- an entry level, an associate level, and an expert level.
Experts recommend that one should undergo training prior to appearing for the exam. This entails your success at your first attempt.
If you are off-site, online training can also help you as qualified trainers share their knowledge via webinars and tutorials at affordable prices. You can ask for a demo class before deciding whom you would like to train you.
This post discusses the three top AWS certifications in detail. These certifications have been chosen, per demands and interests.
- Developer/SysOps Admin
This certification is for Systems operations admin or a developer. If you want to certify your skills, read the prerequisites mentioned below.
Entry Level – The AWS Tech Essential Certification
Insights into certification
You will get hands-on experience related to AWS products, services, and advanced solutions to problems that usually occur. Moreover, IT technical end users will get to know the right way to implement AWS solutions by identifying problems in real time. It nurtures informed decision making that is critical to staying ahead. Do not worry if you are a nontechnical person, you can do this certification by starting from basics.
Whom this course is for?
This course is for:
- Candidates who are aware of the technical benefits of AWS services
- Individuals who have a keen interest in AWS
- Administrators and SysOps Developers who seek a good career in the AWS.
Essentials of this course:
- If you are experienced in the AWS, you are likely to catch on concepts faster. Moreover, you can earn new ideas to complete your AWS operations. If you have time, you can also go for virtual labs that various websites accommodate to advance the level of learning.
- If you think that ClouLabs do not make a difference as they are different from the AWS, you are wrong here. Both are quite similar, and you can test your skills in the concepts, commands, and forms like AWS experts.
- You can even make a free AWS account and start with your learning from scratch.
What is the purpose of this course?
This course acknowledges to you various AWS concepts.
- Understand the right lingo of the AWS and concepts it encompasses
- Different database option available
- Different ways to deploy and manage.
- How Amazon simple storage bucket is different from Amazon storage option
- Launch an application with the help of Amazon relational database service
- Get an understanding of the techniques for using the Amazon elastic compute cloud
- Security norms of the AWS
- Developer Associate OR Systems Operations Associate
You need to decide the area you want to hold competency in, for becoming a developer associate or Systems Operations Associate. To fulfill this motive one can take up the AWS Developer certification course that will enhance your skills and abilities, thus, expanding your career growth.
Insight into the certification
Being AWS certified is a great thing in itself. It rectifies your expertise in the deployment and integration of applications with the AWS architecture.
Essentials of this course
- You need to have more than one year of experience in maintaining and designing AWS-based applications.
- You need to be aware of one or more coding languages
- You need to have remarkable proficiency in AWS uses, services, and basic architecture services
- A candidate must know how to design, develop, and deploy any cloud-based solution to the AWS.
- You should be aware of technicalities of development and maintenance of applications that are written for Amazon Simple Notification Service, Amazon Simple Workflow Service, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Simple Storage Service, Amazon DynamoDB, and Amazon Simple Queue Service.
Information related to the exam:
- You need to pay $20 USD for a practice exam registration fee.
- You will have to pay $150 USD for the registration fee
- You are likely to get four options for each question.
- You will have to complete the exam within 80 minutes.
- Languages that the exam supports Chinese, English, and Japanese.
Skills you need to have to get this certification:
- Good knowledge of AWS
If you want to grab the AWS certification, you should know AWS concepts in detail. I recommend going through the questions format as you are likely to answer so many questions related to AWS testing concepts and environment.
Practicing on your own will make the concept comprehensible as you will get to know what content delivery computing, networking, and storage mean in the AWS. Moreover, you can understand auto-scaling and other AWS techniques by leveraging online labs.
- Basic knowledge of IT
If you really want to get this certification, knowledge of the AWS framework and a good experience in AWS methodologies is not enough.
You also need to have knowledge of system administration in Linux/UNIX/Windows, networking concepts, scripting, and basic monitoring methods in different environments.
An AWS Certified Developer Associate can expect a salary of $137,825.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
Insight into the certification:
- Management, deployment, and operations on the AWS platform are validated.
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator highlights your expertise in the AWS platform concerning deployment, management, and operations.
Essentials of this course:
- You need to have more than one year of experience in AWS practices.
- You should know how to operate, maintain, and provision for the systems on the AWS platform.
- Before jumping to a solution, you should be able to identify requirements and provide the right AWS solution.
Information related to the exam:
- $150 USD-registration fee.
- $20 USD is a practice exam registration fee.
- Chinese, English, and Brazilian Portuguese are the languages that the exam supports.
- You will have 80 mins to complete the paper.
Skills you need to have
- AWS Knowledge and Experience
You need to have good knowledge of computing, networking, and delivery in the AWS platform.
- IT knowledge is a must
Apart from understanding the AWS framework, you should be aware of the basics of Linux, scripting, and basic monitoring techniques in different environments.
An AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate can expect a salary of $108,046/year.
Over to you
Having these certifications really uplifts your CV. Recruiters get to know that you are really passionate about your career. Moreover, they will understand the depth of your knowledge.
You can plan on taking training to crack the exam at first attempt. Joining AWS forums will stay you updated with changes. You can even get an answer to your questions.
Just be sincere, diligent, and patient while preparing.