It is hard to imagine the modern world without Microsoft IT products. You can find them literally everywhere from offices to homes. Since the demand for Microsoft software is very high, the company offers all interested professionals to obtain the IT certifications. These credentials serve as a confirmation that the person has the skills to work with Microsoft products.
Microsoft 70-410 exam is a prime step towards MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification which is related to configuration and installation of Windows Server 2012. This test will help you in developing the required skills for technical tasks needed to work in the field. The exam comes with a basic requirement of having a desire of becoming a certified professional.
Also known as Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, 70-410 test comes with a complete coverage of skills that needed in the process of configuration and installation of the Server based on Windows.
Along with another two exams (70-411 and 70-412), Microsoft 70-410 is a part of MCSA certification. The exam can also lead to a high-level MCSE credential. All key points concerning 70-410 exam can be found on the official Microsoft website.
- The exam consists of 40-60 multiple-choices questions.
- The duration of the test is around 120 minutes.
- The candidates need to score around 70% marks to pass the exam.
- There is no concept of negative marking in this test.
- It is important to answer the questions properly before moving towards the next one. Once you turn to the next question, you cannot go to the previous one.
- The exam is provided in the following languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, German, French, Portuguese (Brazil).
70-410 test includes the following topics:
- Configuration of Hyper-V
- Configuration and installation of servers
- Creation and management of Group Policy
- Configuration of server roles and related features
- Configuration and deployment of core network services
- Administration and installation of Active Directory
The curriculum for Microsoft 70-410 test includes:
- Principles of the core Windows Server 2012 R2
- Deployment of Windows Server 2012
- Management of Windows Server 2012
- Internet Protocol v4
- Configuration of Host Protocol in Dynamic
- Domain Name
- Internet Protocol v6
- Print and File services
- Active Directory management and deployment
- Group Policy
At the time of registration for the exam, one can also go through the cancellation policy, or rescheduling policy that would be helpful in any such situation.
What is the process of taking Microsoft 70-410 exam?
Like other Microsoft exams, 70-410 also comes with particular steps that are required to be followed for obtaining the certification. Here is what you have to do:
- Get in touch with the nearest center in your city through the online official website of Microsoft
- Register yourself with required details
- Obtain the required study material
- Clear the test and obtain the certification
The next step after 70-410 exam is the advanced tests 70-411 and 70-412 that help with a further certification for becoming a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, a professional working on Windows Server 2012.
Exam 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012 is intended to validate your skills in deploying, managing, and maintaining servers and configuring network services, assesses, and network policy server infrastructure.
70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services exam is designed to prove your ability to manage and configure high availability and configure storage solutions, files, network services, and Active Directory infrastructure.
If you want to go further and get MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification, your first step will be getting MCSA certified. MCSA: Windows Server 2012 is perfect for this. To get MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification, you should pass one exam. There are ten options, and you can choose the exam associated to Windows Server.
Exam 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure is intended to prove your ability to design and implement network access services, network infrastructure services, and AD infrastructure.
In case you already have a credential related to Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, 2003, or 2000, you can pass the combined Microsoft MCSA 70-410 Exam dumps and improve your abilities to work with Windows Server 2012.
Exam 70-417: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 is meant to demonstrate whether you are able to manage high availability and configure network policy server infrastructure, network services, Hyper-V, and many more.
Microsoft 70-410 test is the prime attraction for the students or working IT professionals who are looking for getting certified with MCSA and MCSE certifications. The exam tests the knowledge and skills that are required for the implementation of the basic infrastructure of Windows Server 2012. The candidates’ abilities tested through this exam are Networking Services, Active Directory, Maintaining, Implementing, Managing, Provisioning, and others.
The preparation for the exam can be carried out through both theoretical and practical training.
Some popular books you can go through for the comprehensive training include:
- Exam Ref 70-410 Installation and Configuration of Windows Server 2012 (R2)
- Training Guide Installation and Configuration of Windows Server 2012
The books come with seven detailed modules that will help you in obtaining new solutions, capabilities, and features that are essential for installing and configuring Windows Server 2012. What makes the preparation for the test interesting is the video courses that help in getting the detailed knowledge and skill development through the expert lectures and other materials. Video courses make it easier for the IT professionals to learn at their own comfortable time.
Along with the books and videos, the test also comes with some quizzes and practice tests, which help in learning the concepts deeply without any kind of stress. There are virtual labs on the Internet that can be attended by the candidates to familiarize with the exam pattern and score better marks.
Tips to clear Microsoft 70-410 exam
Microsoft 70-410 is an exam that credits other important certifications, such as MCSE, MCSA, and MCP. Whether you select to learn with the books or go through the video courses, both options come with practice tests that will help you in understanding the types of questions that would be asked. The practice tests will prepare you well for the final exam. One should also make a point that the practice tests are only meant for training and Microsoft can come up with any new question in the test. Hence, it cannot be said that the questions occurred in the practice tests are the ones that need to be learned.
- Make sure you consider the Virtual Academy of Microsoft for your preparations. There are plenty of video lectures and other materials provided on the site. All the information on the site is provided by the test vendor, so it is proven to be reliable.
- Don’t forget to use Microsoft 70-410 revision guide
- Don’t hesitate to join the forum and discuss the topics with tutors and other candidates
- Forget about the braindumps
- Work on all the quizzes and test papers
- Use the Microsoft Study app
- Use the Windows Server lab for practicing
- Take Microsoft 70-740 exam of MCSA
- MCS Administrator
- MCE Administrator
- Systems Administrator for Windows Server
- Systems Administrator for Computer and Networking
- IT Manager
- Systems Engineer
- Desktop System Engineer
Microsoft 70-410 exam is an important step for the IT professionals as passing this test will open the doors of opportunity in working with top companies like Robert Half, Lockheed Martin, Verizon, etc. The candidate holding Microsoft certification can earn a minimum of $85,000 annually or even more.