Public protector’s head should roll

Die Vryburger

Public protector’s head should roll
Public protector's head should roll. Photo: Die Vryburger

The Public Protector, Busisiwe Mkhwebane, declares that judges are not objective in their statements. According to her the courts must indicate in their direction regarding matters of law.

She declared that after she had been hammered by a full bench in court in her case against Absa.

Furthermore, her (now former) Minister of Finance, Malusi Gigaba, stated that she had made findings based on information that could not be proven.

The court ordered that she pay 85% of Absa and the Reserve Bank’s costs (from tax) but that the other 15% should be paid in her personal capacity.

She said in a radio interview that she will remain in PP until 2023, although her credibility is now seriously under suspicion, and more and more voices are speaking up that she vacate her post.

Read the original article in Afrikaans on Die Vryburger

South Africa Today – South Africa News

SOURCEDie Vryburger