The Limpopo Division of High Court in Polokwane have once more permanently removed a sexual predator, Motsepane Lolo Madigoe aged 40 for multiple rapes, assaults, kidnapping and housebreakings with the intent to commit crime unknown to the state amongst other offences respectively.
The accused was handed hefty sentences on Wednesday 30 August 2023 following a lengthy and meticulous investigation that was executed by the Lebowakgomo Family Violence, Child and Sexual Offences (FCS) Investigating Officer Sergeant Magaila Makopo.
Through her diligence and commitment to protect the vulnerable and defenceless inhabitants of the Province, Sergeant Makopo ensured that Motsepane was never granted bail following his apprehension on October 2020 while at his residence at Seleteng village in Capricorn District until his eminent incarceration.
The accused reign of terror commenced on 10 June 2015 after he unlawfully entered the house of a woman at Seleteng village at about 01:00. The victim was raped in front of her three minor children and a 14-year-old sibling.
Another heinous incident took place on 23 July 2017 following an unexpected rape of a 74-year-old woman at the same village believed to be a mother of a friend to the accused. Reportedly the duo shared drinks at a local tavern before the accused went to his friend’s residence to rape the elderly woman before fleeing the scene.
The accused continued with the other horrendous acts until his arrest which happened after being positively linked with ten offences through a DNA analysis which were not contested during the trial.
Motsepane Lolo Madigoe was primarily sentenced on the following counts as follows:
* Count 1: House breaking with the intent to rape – Ten (10) years imprisonment.
* Count 2: Rape – Life imprisonment.
* Count 3: House breaking with the intent to commit crime – Eight (8) years imprisonment.
* Count 4: Assault with the intent to do grievous bodily harm – Ten (10) years imprisonment.
* Count 5: Kidnapping – Eight (8) years imprisonment.
* Count 6: Rape – Fifteen (15) years imprisonment.
* Count 7: House breaking with the intent to rape – Ten (10) years imprisonment.
* Count 8: Rape – Life imprisonment.
* Count 9: Rape – Life imprisonment.
* Count 10: Rape – Fifteen (15) years imprisonment.
In addition, Count 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 will run concurrently with count 2 and the accused was also declared unfit to possess a firearm.
The Provincial Commissioner of the South African Police Service in Limpopo Lieutenant General Thembi Hadebe has welcomed the Court outcome pointing out that this will serve as a deterrent to other would be rapist.
Content retrieved from: https://www.saps.gov.za/newsroom/selnewsdetails.php?nid=48142.