A brave Blue Security armed response officer sprung into action to battle a fire at a Woodhaven home last night.
Blue Security community and media liaison officer Andreas Mathios said the officer was the first to respond to the scene of the fire at the house in Teal Place. “The officer arrived to find two residents in the driveway frantic as the fire blazed in the kitchen, spreading rapidly. He acted quickly through poor visibility to first switch off the main power and check to see if any other electrical appliances were nearby. He then grabbed a hosepipe outside the house and got to work battling the fire, which he eventually managed to contain and put out,” Mathios said.
“Paramedics attended the scene and treated one of the residents for smoke inhalation before transporting her to hospital.”
Mathios said it appeared that something on the stove had caught alight. The Mobeni Fire Department attended the scene, and the chief commended our reaction officer for how he assessed and acted on the situation.
We remind residents to never throw water on an electrical appliance that caught fire, such as a stove, and to immediately switch off the power mains.
South Africa Today – South Africa News