Police in Kwazakele are investigating an inquest following the deaths of two people who were allegedly electrocuted as a result of illegal connections.
It is alleged that on Monday, 29 November 2021 at about 15:40, the couple, Lingomso Cose (30) and her husband, Mphakamise Cose (34) were busy hanging out the washing at their Mduma Street in Soweto on Sea home when the neighbour heard a scream.
It is further alleged that the washing was hung on a wire that was illegally connected to a municipal electrical pole.
Police are urging residents to refrain from illegally connecting electricity as this can have fatal consequences.
Loose electrical wires/cables must not be interfered with, instead the necessary authorities must be contacted to attend to the loose live wire.