The rising trend amongst couples looking for unique wedding experiences on their special day to create lasting, magical memories, is a key reason why destination weddings have become so popular. And there’s one setting that has proven time and again to be perfect for creating these unforgettable moments – resorts.
Shaun Lamont, the Managing Director of First Group Hotels and Resorts, shares why they make an ideal choice for destination weddings:
1. Natural Backdrops: One of the main reasons resorts are perfect for destination weddings is their natural surroundings. Most resorts are tucked away in beautiful, unspoiled spots, boasting beachfront settings like those found La Montagne in Ballito or those dreamy mountain views found at Bushman’s Nek. These stunning backdrops set the stage for a romantic wedding ceremony and magnificent wedding photographs and videos, besides creating a truly memorable experience for the couple and their guests.
2. All-in-One Wedding Packages: Resorts are experts at hosting destination weddings. They understand the unique needs of couples planning weddings from afar and many offer all-in-one wedding packages. These often include venue hire, catering and bar services, accommodation for the couple and guests, as well as a dedicated wedding planner. This seamless approach simplifies the planning process and ensures that couples can relax and enjoy their special day without worrying about logistics.
3. Accommodation for Guests: Destination weddings often involve a diverse group of guests travelling from different locations. Resorts have the advantage of offering various accommodation options to suit all budgets and preferences, from luxurious suites to more affordable room choices. This versatility ensures that all guests can conveniently stay on-site, creating a sense of togetherness and making the wedding festivities even more enjoyable.
4. Amenities and Activities: Resorts go beyond providing wedding venues and accommodation. They offer an array of amenities and activities for both the wedding party and guests. From spa services and sporting facilities to hiking trails and childcare, resorts can transform a destination wedding into a weekend celebration with plenty of entertainment options for everyone.
5. Experienced Event Planning Teams: Most resorts have seasoned event planning teams, experienced in wedding planning and management. These professionals work closely with couples to bring their dream wedding to life and their expertise and knowledge are invaluable in ensuring a smooth and stress-free wedding experience. They handle all the details, so the couple can focus on each other and enjoy time with their guests.
Planning a wedding can be challenging and all-consuming. The logistical complexity, budget constraints, guest list dynamics, venue and vendor selection, the need to satisfy family and social expectations and taking care of everything down to the finest detail can make it a stressful time. Lamont believes that whilst a destination wedding at a resort can’t remove all these challenges, it certainly takes care of most! “Resorts offer a unique combination of natural beauty, convenience, and hospitality that makes them the perfect choice for weddings. Professional teams will help to navigate logistical complexities and simplify planning and vendor management to assist in ensuring a smooth and stress-free experience for the happy couple that will leave them with lasting memories of magical moments made at their destination wedding.”
To explore options for your perfect destination wedding, visit First Group Resorts at https://www.firstgroup-sa.co.za/