Uniworld Boutique River Cruises announces new offerings for 2024, including the addition of their newest ship, the S.S. Victoria, debuting in Amsterdam at the start of the season. The brand is also extending its successful Cruise & Rail program with five new itineraries to Istanbul, Transylvania, the Swiss Alps and more. Additionally, guests can experience a new pre-cruise extension in South America, a second annual Rivers of the World Cruise visiting new countries, special early booking savings and more.
“We’re always looking ahead and dreaming up ways to raise the bar and expand our offerings at Uniworld, and we’re excited to unveil what’s to come for 2024,” says Ellen Bettridge, President and CEO of Uniworld. “The Uniworld community is fuelled by our shared wanderlust, which serves as our inspiration as we craft new experiences that reach different corners of the world. From a beautiful new ship and new Cruise & Rail journeys to our second world cruise and biggest itinerary yet, we’re looking forward to another incredible year of travel.”
The S.S. Victoria Joins the Uniworld Fleet
Uniworld has added two new Super Ships to its fleet, the S.S. Victoria and S.S. Elisabeth, to begin sailing in Europe in 2024 and 2025 respectively. Uniworld has chartered the ships under a three year, bareboat charter agreement from Seaside Collection and will provide the signature Uniworld experience on existing itineraries with an all-Uniworld staff, as well as the brand’s trademark touches and amenities.
The S.S. Victoria will be the first to set sail in March, sailing a variety of itineraries currently operated and accommodating up to 110 guests in 55 luxurious suites and staterooms. The ship will debut in Amsterdam onboard the 8-day ‘Holland & Belgium at Tulip Time’ cruise through Belgium and The Netherlands, followed by the 8-day ‘Castles Along the Rhine’ itinerary from Basel to Amsterdam, then the 10-day ‘Magnificent Moselle and Rhine’ itinerary across two rivers, concluding the season with the 8-day holiday-themed ‘Belgium Holiday Markets’ sailing round-trip from Brussels.
New Cruise & Rail Itineraries
In 2024, Uniworld will launch five new Cruise & Rail itineraries in Europe including:
- This 15-day itinerary begins in Istanbul, where guests can explore the fascinating history and traditions of the city. The journey then weaves through Transylvania, visiting enchanting medieval towns and iconic landmarks like Bran Castle, also known as Dracula’s castle. The river cruise portion sails through Budapest and Vienna on the River Duchess, gliding through the Wachau Valley, celebrated as one of the world’s most beautiful landscapes.
- Beginning in the fashion capital of the world, Milan, this 19-day trip gives guests the chance to explore the city’s top sites, followed by a river cruise in romantic Venice on the S. La Venezia. Exclusive experiences include a private evening lighting ceremony at St. Mark’s Basilica and a visit to Chioggia—a charming southern port loved by fishermen and artists. Guests then embark on the rail portion of the journey to Istanbul.
- This 17-day journey starts with a private train journey to Istanbul visiting Alpine lake towns, historic cities across Eastern Europe, the Greek seafront, and more. Then, guests will board the S. La Venezia and experience the best of Venice on the only river cruise ship currently sailing in the Venetian Lagoon.
- Guests will kick off this 15-day journey in Budapest and Vienna, and explore the Alps via a luxury overnight train. Highlights include a lunch on Lake Como, sampling Swiss fondue in Zürich, a private visit to Slovenia’s Postojna caves, and more. Then, the trip continues to Venice and beyond onboard the S. La Venezia.
- This 14-day adventure begins with a river cruise on the S. Maria Theresa, sailing on the fabled Danube River, where locally-based destination experts offer guests insider knowledge and VIP access to exclusive experiences. Guests will then continue on a luxury train journey through the Alps, traveling through Italy, Switzerland, and more.
Finally, Uniworld is adding more dates in 2024 to its popular cruise and rail itinerary in India, ‘The Sacred Ganges & The Maharajas’ Express.’ The trip will now operate from Kolkata to New Delhi in 2024, instead of Kolkata to Mumbai. Guests can expect once-in-a-lifetime opportunities, like visiting local villages along the Ganges that few people ever get to experience and taking two trips to the Taj Mahal at sunrise and sunset.
Rivers of the World 2024
Uniworld has announced its second annual Rivers of the World cruise for 2024, which will be even bigger than its inaugural sailing. The 55-day journey will depart on October 3, 2024, from Lima, Peru, welcoming 40 guests on an unforgettable journey spanning three continents, 10 countries, and four luxurious Super Ships – including new destinations, special surprises, and exclusive experiences. The itinerary begins in Lima with a kick-off party in the Peruvian Amazon, followed by a journey along the Rhine, Main and Danube rivers in Europe. After experiencing the French countryside, guests are whisked off to Southeast Asia, where they will enjoy a candlelight dinner at the Kravan Temple in Cambodia, a rooftop gala dinner with spectacular views of the Saigon skyline and much more.
Exclusive Added Experiences
In 2024, Uniworld is offering a brand new pre-cruise extension for its Peruvian Amazon itinerary called ‘Rio de Janeiro & Iguazu Falls.’ The 5-day itinerary travels through Brazil and Argentina, starting in Rio, where guests can explore the city’s cuisine and landscapes. The itinerary then heads to the iconic Iguazu Falls, the largest system of waterfalls in the world across a mile-and-a-half stretch of cliffs.
Additionally, back by popular demand, Uniworld’s themed “70s night” will return onboard their European itineraries.