With travel restrictions easing up and economies beginning to bounce back from the recent turn in world events, Renishaw Hills has seen an increase in property sales. Maybe you have thought about moving to this coastal community, situated on the KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) South Coast. Moving to the area could be a move for employment or to retire. Either way, you will be immersed by nature in every direction. To get yourself, your family, and your belongings here safely, you will need to entrust international moving companies to facilitate your move.
The Pursuit of Permanent Residency
As a United States citizen, there will be steps that you must take if you wish to relocate to South Africa. A residency permit is required to stay in the country for an extended period of time. The first step to get this permit is to appeal to the Minister of Home Affairs, explaining why you should be permitted into the country and not considered a prohibited or undesirable person.
The Minister of Home Affairs may consider you a prohibited person if:
- You have an infectious disease that can be easily spread. These types of diseases include pestilence, cholera, yellow fever, or any other illness considered by the Department of Health as infectious and easily transmittable.
- You have a warrant out for your arrest, or you have a conviction of torture, genocide, money laundering, drug trafficking, kidnapping, murder, or terrorism that occurred in any country in which South Africa has regular diplomatic relations.
- You are a member of, or you support, an organization that practices racial hatred or is socially violent.
- You are a member of any organization that uses crime or terrorism to fit its agenda.
- You were previously deported and are not deemed rehabilitated by the Department of Home Affairs.
The Minister of Home Affairs may consider you an undesirable person if:
- · You are, or you are likely to become a public responsibility
- You have been identified by the Minister, upon consultation with the Immigration Advisory Board, as undesirable or you are declared to be judicially incompetent.
- You are deemed to be an un-rehabilitated insolvent
- You are a fugitive fleeing from justice
- You have a previous criminal conviction that does not include the option of a fine for the conduct that is offensive in South Africa
Once you receive your positive response from the Minister of Home Affairs, you can submit your application for a Direct Residency Permit or a Residency-on-Other-Grounds Permit.
Form BI-947 and Required Documentation
To apply for the Direct Residency Permit, you will need to fill out form BI-947. In addition to filling out the form and submitting it, you will be required to provide documentation. The documentation required includes:
- A full set of fingerprints
- If applicable, marriage certificate or proof of a spousal relationship
- If relevant to your situation, divorce decree or proof of separation
- Proof of custody of a minor, if applicable
- Any death certificate of a spouse, if applicable
- Minors must have the consent of parents
- If a child is adopted, the adoption paperwork must be included
- Police certificates that provide clearance that you resided in for a year or longer since your 18th birthday
- A valid temporary residency permit (if you have already arrived in South Africa)
Immigration may require additional documents, which means you will need to be open to obtaining these documents. You will also be required to pay a non-refundable fee for you and each of your family members relocating with you.
Bringing Your Belongings Into South Africa
When you relocate to South Africa, you are more than likely going to want to bring your belongings with you to your new home in Renishaw Hills. Lucky for you, an international moving company takes care of the heavy lifting and the customs process. They will handle all of the regulations for import and export, handle port services, arrange storage if necessary, and provide you with the amount you will be required to pay in fees and taxes.
You are required to enter the country at least ten days before your belongings reach customs. It is also necessary that you are present when your belongings arrive at the customs port. When you arrive at the customs area, you will need to bring the following items:
- Your passport
- Work permit
- If you opted to lock your items securely for transport, you would need the key to unlock them
- Residency permit
- Residency visa
- Customs Forms DA 304 and P1 160 will be required
- Employment letter
- English written inventory list of the belongings coming into the country
- The total weight and measurement for all of the goods
Your international shipping service will help you make sure you have all your forms ready when they arrive at the port. They will even keep you up to date about where your shipment is and when it will arrive. You aren’t left in the dark during the transport of your home’s belongings.
Why Using A Professional International Moving Company Is Better
A lot of details go into a relocation. From getting a job, a home, starting all of the utilities, and even schools for the children. You shouldn’t have to stress about the transport of your household goods when you are already worrying about the other fine details. For more information on how to let a professional international moving company handle your relocation to South Africa, visit https://www.a1autotransport.com/international/.