The ancient practice of plumbing is a time-honoured effort, stretching back over 4,000 years to copper piping found in the remnants of the Indus River Valley in India. Things have managed to come quite far since then, as modern technology has helped evolve the trade rather prodigiously.
However, as Hansgrohe continues to think up new, innovative solutions and products, so too have the guidelines for plumbing needed to adapt. Here are some simple tips from your friends at Hansgrohe to approaching your plumbing jobs.
- Familiarise yourself with installation depths.
- Mark hot and cold supply pipes with red and blue tape. This will ensure that you always know which is which!
- Install inline strainers or sediment filters on the mains water supply. This will keep grit out of the water supply line.
- Be sure to test the hot water temperatures. If your temperatures are too high, you might damage the product.
- Keep both hot and cold water pressures balanced.
Water and Energy Savings
- Install water saving mixers. Fortunately, Hansgrohe boasts a wide range of eco-friendly options.
- Make use of angle regulator valves.
- Install eco-friendly showers. Fortunately (again), Hansgrohe EcoSmart shower options will save up to 60% of water and energy consumption.
- Make use of pressure compensation flow restricted aerators.
The iBox Universal Basic Set
- This is compatible with more than 200 different finish sets.
- You will need a minimum installation depth of 80mm up to the finished tiled surface.
- Do the first installation after the wall is plastered. You can then work on the minimum installation depth, especially for single skin installations.
hansgrohe. Meet the beauty of water!
Hansgrohe’s Top Tips
|Issued By:||The Lime Envelope|
|On Behalf Of:||Hansgrohe|
|For Media Information:||Bronwyn Levy|
|Telephone:||011 467 9233|
About the Hansgrohe Group
With its brands AXOR and hansgrohe, the Hansgrohe Group, based in Schiltach/Southern Germany, enjoys a reputation as a leader in quality, innovation and design within the bath and kitchen industry. The Hansgrohe Group brings form and function to water with taps, showerheads and shower systems. The 116-year history of the company is marked by innovations such as the first hand-held shower with multiple spray types, the first pull-out kitchen tap, and the first wall bar to hold a hand-held shower. The company holds more than 17,000 active propriety rights. The Hansgrohe Group stands for long-lasting quality products. With 34 subsidiaries and 21 sales offices supplying products in more than 140 countries, the company is a reliable partner to its customers around the world. The Hansgrohe Group, its brands and products have won numerous awards, including more than 500 design prizes since 1974. Sustainable production of resource-conserving products is central to the company’s business activities around the globe. The products of the Hansgrohe Group are featured in projects around the world, such as the luxurious ocean liner Queen Mary 2, and the world’s tallest building, the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. The Group’s high-quality standards are ensured by five wholly-owned production facilities: two in Germany, one each in France, the United States and China. In 2016, the Hansgrohe Group generated a turnover of EUR 1.029 billion. It employs more than 4,800 people worldwide, about 60 percent of whom work in Germany.
iF Design Leader in the Bathroom Industry
In the current 2019 ranking of the International Forum Design (iF) of the best companies in the world of design, the Hansgrohe Group, with its brands AXOR and hansgrohe , ranks in the TOP 10* among 4,215 listed companies.
The Black Forest based showers and fixtures specialist outperforms famous brands such as Apple, Audi or Daimler and reconfirms the company’s leading position * in the bathroom industry.
At the iF DESIGN AWARDS 2019 eight AXOR and Hansgrohe branded products received an iF DESIGN AWARD 2019
For further information on our design awards, please visit www.hansgrohe-group.com/en/about/claim/design/awards.