5 Green Reasons to Switch to an Automower
Most homeowners want a lush, well-manicured lawn. Not only does it add to the beauty and aesthetics of your overall garden, but it also creates a wonderful setting for outdoor activities with the kids or enjoying leisurely outdoor lunches with family and friends. However, the reality is that the pursuit of picture-perfect lawns involves the frequent use of lawnmowers powered by petrol engines, which can inadvertently contribute to air pollution and disrupt the peaceful serenity of the environment due to their noise.
Wynand Lombaard, Product and Pricing Specialist at Husqvarna South Africa says that added to noise and air pollution is wasteful resource consumption. “Fortunately, there is a solution: Automowers. With an Automower, you can enjoy a perfectly manicured lawn while reducing your impact on the environment. Robotic lawnmowers have really revolutionised lawn care by addressing the very issues that plague traditional mowers.”
Lombaard offers five reasons why Automowers are better for the environment:
1. Reduced Emissions: An Automower uses battery power to navigate your lawn, eliminating the need for oil or petrol, thus, leaving zero emissions in its wake while also conserving resources.
2. Improved Air Quality: Automowers don’t emit harmful pollutants such as carbon dioxide and nitrogen oxides, which not only benefits the environment but also directly contributes to our overall health.
3. Energy Efficiency: One of an Automower’s superpowers is the ability to optimise mowing patterns, ensuring a precision cut with minimal energy consumption.
4. Noise Reduction: Say goodbye to loud Saturday morning mowing. An Automower is whisper-quiet and its silent operation will transform your home (and neighbourhood) into a haven of tranquillity.
5. Less Soil Contamination: Razor-sharp, precision blades trim grass, mulching it back into the ground, thus, minimising the need for fertilisers and chemicals which usually affect soil health and disrupt the natural balance of microorganisms. The more it mows, the more your lawn is naturally fed.
Beyond the eco-friendly benefits, Lombaard points out that Automowers also save you time and effort and contribute to the health and vitality of your lawn. He explains, “An Automower provides a much cleaner cut, minimising bruising, shock and moisture loss. Furthermore, the grass is chopped into tiny fragments, which are easily broken down in the soil and provide a boost of nitrogen, phosphorus and many other essential nutrients back to the roots. It’s a win-win for both visual beauty and overall lawn health.”
The environmental advantages of Automowers are not just a selling point, however. They’re a response to the urgent need for greener, more sustainable lawn care practices. “Automowers aren’t just mowers; they’re an environmentally conscious choice, contributing to a healthier planet, one lawn at a time,” Lombaard concludes.