It goes without saying that wood floors are beautiful, but they are not easy to care for. Many people who achieve their dream of having wooden floors in their homes believe that the reality of caring for their pride and joy is much more complicated than they imagined.
Wooden floors are subject to scratch and scratch damage from moving furniture as well as scratches and footmarks, so how can you keep them perfect? Here are some tips to help you keep your floors clean, which will make a difference in your home.
- Take off your shoes: The first step in keeping wood floors clean is to always remove your shoes when you are at home. This will not only prevent dirt, grime, and grime from entering your floor surface from the street but will also prevent frequently scratched marks. Follow policy in your home for everyone to take their shoes off at the front door and you will have much less dirt to wash.
- Vacuum every day: You may think you can get rid of a vacuum if you have wooden flooring, but this is far from the case. Vacuuming floors are an integral part of your daily cleaning routine if you want your hardwoods to look their best, as your Roomba comparison vacuum can quickly and effectively remove sand and debris that can scratch your floors.
- Clean up spills right away: If you spilled something on the wood floor, take the time to clean it up immediately. If you allow liquids to settle on the floor, they can cause stains that will be very difficult to remove. While you are thinking about protecting your floor from spills, it is also important to think about other sources of water that can create puddles in your deciduous forests. Always verify that external doors and windows are closed when it rains (or if it is expected to rain), as the accumulation of rainwater on your floors can cause traces and damage. Also, be sure to place dishes or trays under potted plants on wood floors so that water doesn’t seep through the soil.
- Use a steam mop: One of the best tools you can buy for your home is a steam mop. This will not only preserve the fantastic appearance of your hardwoods but will also reduce the time it takes for your home to look perfect. The best hardwood floor cleaning machine can not only remove dust and dirt from floors, but can also remove dirt, stains, and hardened and clogged debris for a clean and clear finish. Although you can use a standard mop on your floor, a steam mop is a much better alternative, not only because it is faster and easier to use, but also because it leaves less surface water on your floors for added safety and less chance of damage.
- Smart Powder: Between cleaning with a steam mop, electrostatic wipes should be used to clean hardwood floors. These disposable wipes will attract all of the dust that collects on your floors throughout the day and quickly remove it for a cleaner, healthier and healthier home.
- Stop furniture from moving: One of the most serious causes of damage and marks on hardwood floors is moving furniture with scratches and damage. Although it is almost impossible to prevent accidental movement of your chairs and tables, you can help protect your floors by putting protective covers on the legs of your furniture. This will prevent scratches and damage.
- Choose the right products: Another reason for the appearance of marks and stains on the wooden floor is the wrong choice of detergents. If you use a detergent that is not specifically designed for use on hardwood, you run the risk of scratches and stains that are difficult to remove and spoil the elegant look of your floor. When looking for cleaning products, always take the time to check the labels to make sure you select the ones that are labeled as suitable for use on solid wood.