ADIDAS LAUNCH NEW LABEL, SPORTSWEAR, WITH ACTRESS, ADVOCATE, PRODUCER AND STYLE ICON, JENNA ORTEGA
- adidas’ first new label in five decades, adidas Sportswear, built for everyday movements and occasions, will launch worldwide from 9 February 2023 in stores and online, with early access available from 2 February 2023
- Following Jenna Ortega joining its global family, the brand also announces her as the face of the new label and its ‘All That You Are’ campaign, which celebrates the comfort found in self-expression
- Offering sport-inspired pieces built with comfort at its core, the new line is fronted by AVRYN and Tiro Suit to level up the wearer’s style for the everyday
South Africa, 3 February 2023: Born from sport worn for style, today adidas reveals an all-new label – adidas Sportswear. Complementing the brand’s Performance and Originals labels, the new line aims to level up the wearer’s everyday look via a range of fresh fits that use the latest performance technology to bring the same comfort and confidence to the everyday, as its performance collections have been for athletes, for decades.
Global superstar, Jenna Ortega, makes her adidas debut fronting the all-new label and its Spring Summer 23 collection. Cementing herself as a next generation icon; often seen moving through the heart of culture with style, passion and purpose, unapologetically expressing all that she is and all that she stands for.
Actress, advocate, producer, style icon, plus so much more, Jenna is a true reflection and champion of individualism and versatility – aligning perfectly with what adidas Sportswear has been designed to embody and aptly symbolizing how the next generation is showing up in the world.
Speaking about her experiences and involvement, Jenna Ortega shared: “The way I express myself, whether this is vocally or aesthetically, is something I personally put a lot of energy into as I know how much power it can have in inspiring others. Embracing all that I am and all that I stand for continues to be a journey and through new experiences, I am learning and discovering more sides to myself. I am a huge advocate of expressing all your different pursuits, passions, and traits, whether that is through what you do, what you wear or what you champion – which is why I was so excited to work with adidas on this new label.”
Sporty in essence, the adidas Sportswear collection offers specific performance technologies through simple cutlines, colorways and stripped back design details, with comfort running through its every fiber. Curated to serve the next generation during multiple moments, as they tackle the sport of life, each iconic piece can be remixed to create a unique look or remain a subtle yet striking fit if worn as is.
Marking the label’s debut drops, AVRYN and Tiro Suit take center stage, the perfect on-point aesthetic and uniform for kicking back with friends, heading to practice, or exploring the city for the weekend. Key details include:
- Tiro Suit Collection: Reimagining adidas’ iconic tracksuit silhouette with a deep heritage in football, the Tiro Suit translates sport design cues specifically for Sportswear. Fronting the collection, the all-black timeless co-ord – Tiro Suit Up Advanced – remains sporty at its core but takes on a new identify, as the classic 3-stripe set brings functionality to the fore whilst maintaining a minimalistic look. With the potential to create a variety of fresh looks, Jenna Ortega remixes it by pairing with a shirt and tie for her on-set moments but then switches it up with a gold sequinned crop for an evening out with friends.
- AVRYN: Made in part with recycled materials, the shoe also fuses BOOST and BOUNCE technology in a new way to offer comfort both inside and out. This AVRYN drop includes two colorways, a muted two-tone black and grey with minimal red detailing, as well as all-grey version with black signature 3-stripes complete with purple accent, origami inspired finishes and an exaggerated heel tab, AVRYN provides a fresh and versatile look and feel, making it easy to pair for everyday looks.
From muted colorways to bold prints and stand out ensembles, the wider collection also features a silk-like striped Express Dress, which takes all the design elements of a wrap style silhouette, remixed with boasted collars and soft, comfortable ribbed cuffs. Whilst striking when worn alone the tie front fit can also easily be subbed in as a lightweight jacket and layered over a basic ensemble. Meanwhile, the relaxed fit Express Jersey is inspired by a 90’s football aesthetic with a two-tone colourway and offset white piping with a comfy casual fit. Jenna wears the long-sleeved pullover with matching purple Tiro Suit Up Advanced Trousers for a co-ordinated and comfortable fit as she makes her way to set. Finally, the sport style Coach Jacket comes in a classic monochrome colour scheme, but with an oversized fit and shine-finish fabric to give an added level of style and comfort. Cuffed sleeves with 3 stripe detailing and oversized collars add subtle contemporary touches to the piece.
Speaking about the new label, Senior Designer, adidas Sportswear Jasmin Bynoe at adidas, said: “Expertly blending sport silhouettes with fresh detailing, adidas Sportswear brings together adidas’ latest performance technologies and comfort-first looks to elevate the wearers’ everyday style. We are so excited that Jenna has joined the adidas family and will be fronting the label, as the new line is a true celebration of self-expression and individualism – aligning perfectly with all that she stands for. Offering a range of pieces that can be used as a blank canvas for each wearer to pair and style as they see fit, we paid close attention to incorporating specific cutlines, colourways and stripped back design details, so that the collection works no matter what the wearer’s day looks like.”
Alongside Jenna Ortega, the campaign will also see a wider collective of adidas partners coming together to celebrate a comfort-first mindset and the power of self-expression, including Premier League current golden boot holder and music lover Son Heung-min, professional basketballer, off-court sketching enthusiast and self-care advocate Trae Young, Women’s Super League forward and nature lover Mary Fowler and renowned gamer and thrill-seeker Carolina Voltan.
Reflecting on the new campaign, Son Heung-min shared: “Whilst my day-to-day focus is shaped around my performance on the football pitch, whether that is for my club or country, I also love to spend time enjoying my other hobbies. Whether that’s gaming, fashion, or music each of these allow me to keep a fresh mindset, helping me maintain my competitive edge. These different areas of my life also mean I need wardrobe staples with versatility, which is why I am such a big fan of adidas’ new label, Sportswear – it really is the perfect blend of sport, style and comfort!”
Reflecting on the new campaign, Trae Young shared: “My everyday life is shaped around being a professional athlete and fearless competitor on the court – staying focused, competitive, and driven at all times. But I’ve learned to really embrace the quieter moments. Self-care and leaning into my art help me to recharge during my downtime off the court – helping me give the game all I’ve got. The Tiro Suit is ideal for me when I am off duty as I can use it as a base layer, levelling it up with a contrasting green checked golf-inspired top for days on the green, but also stripping it back with a gold chain layered over a basic white tee for those times where I need more of a toned down, effortless look.”
adidas Sportswear range will launch from 9th February at select stores and at adidas.co.za, with early access available online from 2nd February