The current COVID-19 crisis affecting the world has led to all major sporting events being cancelled. One such event is the MotoGP™ Championship which has been postponed.
While the physical event has been postponed, MotoGP™ is ensuring the show goes on – online.
This Sunday, 29 March, the following riders will take to the track via a Virtual Race:
- Repsol Honda Team: Marc Marquez, Alex Marquez
- Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP: Maverick Viñales
- Aprilia Racing Team Gresini: Aleix Espargaro
- Team Suzuki Ecstar: Alex Rins, Joan Mir
- Petronas Yamaha SRT: Fabio Quartararo
- Red Bull KTM Tech 3: Iker Lecuona, Miguel Oliveira
- Pramac Racing: Francesco Bagnaia
The Virtual Race will see these legends competing online thanks to the official MotoGP™ videogame from developer Milestone. The track for the Virtual Race will be the stunning Autodromo del Mugello, with six laps around the digital rendition of one of the world’s greatest racetracks set to decide the first ever Virtual Race winner.
In the nature of a qualifying race, a five-minute qualifying time attack will decide the grid. The whole event, including qualifying, will be broadcast at 15:00 (GMT +2) on Sunday the 29th of March on motogp.com, esport.motogp.com and across social media channels including YouTube (via the MotoGP™ and MotoGP™ eSport channels), MotoGP™ eSport Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook (via both the MotoGP™ and MotoGP™ eSport pages).
Look out for MotoGP™20 set to release 23 April. Available for Pre-Order.