After spending the last few years working on a number of successful music projects, South African music sensation, Sasha-Lee Davids, is back on the national music scene with the release of her latest music offering: “A Little Love”.
The 30-year-old singer and songwriter is set to release “A Little Love” on all major digital platforms today.
Sasha-Lee, who hails from Atlantis in the Western Cape and who rose to fame as a joint winner on music reality show Idols SA in 2009, says she is ready for the SA audience to finally hear what she has been working on in the studio.
“I wrote the song years ago and was inspired by my own life and journey at the time. I was trying to inspire myself to live my life with a little more love in every way I could. I was in a place where I discovered myself through the process of writing and making music and it led me to write this song,” she shares.
Sasha-Lee, who wrote the track herself, describes the much-anticipated track as a “feel-good song”. “It has a great message that reminds us how important life is. If we do one simple thing and share some love, I believe that facing this tumultuous and harrowing pandemic we can be reminded that love does assist to conquer what we face as human beings”.
Return of the chanteuse
For a very humble Sasha-Lee, being back in the recording studio “felt like home” and was “exciting”. She recorded “A Little Love” at the home studio of her brother, Laurenzo Davids, and has surrounded herself with a new creative team – with whom she feels “inspired to work with”, which comprises of Edward George King and her manager, Alistair Izobell, an equally gifted and celebrated industry veteran.
“The song was produced by Edward George King with the guidance and consultation of Alistair Izobell. I now have a team of creatives behind me which is any artist and song writer’s greatest gift when you get to work with an inspired talented pool of people where all the energy and focus is on what we are creating.”
If releasing a brand new single isn’t enough, this hardworking superstar is also hosting an online music concert on 27 February 2021 entitled: “Sasha-Lee Davids Live”. This will be Sasha-Lee’s first online concert – which she says she is “very excited” about, especially in these trying times of the pandemic.
“I’ve never been the kind of artist to follow new trends immediately because I need to know it is in line with what my vision board is. I have to do online shows now because that is the reality of what we are facing as artists and creatives but if you have followed my career and the productions that I have done you will know that a performance is always an incredibly personal experience.”
So what can audiences expect from Sasha-Lee this time? “I’m going to share an insightful two hours of who Sasha-Lee Davids is. It will be a personal conversation of not only my growth and turning 30, but my understanding of who I am as a woman and creative.”
She adds: “Fans can expect to hear me belt out beautiful songs that I have written and some songs you’ve never heard before. So I implore you, I invite you to get to know me, not what you’ve heard of me or what was written of me or what my idols journey is because I am way more than all of that and I’d like you to meet me.”
Tickets for this concert are currently available for purchase from www.quicket.co.za and are priced at R100 each.
“A Little Love” will be available on all major digital music outlets from Friday 22 January 2021.
SASHA-LEE DAVIDS BIOGRAPHY
- Sasha-Lee Davids (30) is a South African-born singer, songwriter and TV presenter who was born in Atlantis in the Western Cape.
- She is the 2009 co-winner of Idols SA season 5 alongside Jason Hartman, and also won the 2008 SA reality TV show, “Matrix” season 2.
- In 2011, Sasha-Lee returned into the limelight with a reality TV show called The House of Davids (also known as Huis van Davids). It showcased the lives of the Davids family and their involvement in the community of Atlantis. Sasha and her nine siblings and their parents, John and Sally (who are ministers in the church), featured in the show.
- The show premiered on kykNET, and also aired on Mzansi Magic and was produced by an international production company. The show ran successfully for a year. After winning Idols she released her début album, “Sasha-Lee”, where she had the opportunity to work with Jamie Jones, lead singer of the Grammy Award winning group All-4-One, on the soulful track entitled, “Before You”.
- Since August 2018, Sasha-Lee has been gracing Mzansi TV screens as a TV presenter on the SABC2 magazine show, Pasella.
- This phenomenally talented musician has spent the past few years performing in a variety of shows including Divas, Duets, Kaapse Jol and many tours throughout South Africa.
- Her recently released music singles “Forever Yours”; “Free Falli’n“ and “Africa Arise” are available on www.azanzimusic.com . These tracks are produced by Alistair Izobell, and co-written by Sasha-Lee.
- Sasha-Lee feels strongly that she is on the path she is meant to be on, at this stage of her life and said: “I am back doing exactly what I want and the right time in my life surrounded by all the creative minds to get me to the next level”.
- In 2017, Sasha-Lee featured in her own show – “Breaking Free” (to sold out audiences with standing ovations) at the Baxter Theatre in Cape Town and GrandWest Arena. The show featured; James Bhemgee, Edith Plaatjies, Nur Abrahams, Terri Davids, Letitia Davids and supported by an 8-piece band headed by the talented Don Vino Prins. Alistair Izobell and Don Vino Prins were responsible for the music direction, while Alistair also produced the show.
- Later that year, Sasha-Lee performed in the world class opening celebration of Sun International’s Time Square Arena – The Unison Celebration alongside South Africa’s leading stars Yvonne Chaka, Lira, Vusi Nova, Claire Johnston, Ladysmith Black Mambaso, Karen Zoid, Zonke, Lady Zamar and more.
- In 2019, Sasha-Lee recorded the hit, “Africa Arise” alongside Grammy award-winning group, All 4 One, in Los Angeles – which was written by Alistair Izobell. The official song debuted on 30 March 2019 at GrandWest at Alistair IZobell’s Music Alla Kaap show, which saw All 4 One and Sasha-Lee perform the song live in front of a sold-out audience.
- Sasha-Lee is on an exciting journey as her audience rediscovers this powerhouse vocalist. She is currently in the studio creating her own original sound and is looking forward to releasing more musical projects in 2021. The sky is the limit for Sasha Lee right now, and exciting projects lay on the horizon.