On Saturday, 18 November 2023, the Goliath Gaming YX23 Gaming Festival will take place at the annual YX23 festival, being held at Constitution Hill in Johannesburg. The gaming festival, hosted by South African multi-gaming organisation, Goliath Gaming, in partnership with YouthX powered by Nedbank, a proud supporter of youth empowerment, once again demonstrates Nedbank and Goliath Gaming’s commitment to nurturing the talent, aspirations and careers of South African youth.
The Goliath Gaming YX23 Gaming Festival is open to casual gamers, competitive gamers and spectators alike. Entrance to the event requires a YX23 ticket (available online or on the day for R99, with a 50% discount if purchased with a Nedbank card). Should attendees pre-register for the EA FC 24 tournament (limited to the first 128 entrants), their YX23 ticket will be covered (for mahala!). Doors open at 10:00am.
On the day, attendees will have a host of activities to participate in, including:
- A live EA FC 24 tournament which is open to the first 128 eFootball players who register online before the event, or on the day. Contestants will compete for a share of the R50 000 prize pool
- Interactive gaming challenges and the opportunity to engage with some of the best esports athletes in SA
- Casual and competitive gaming challenges for EA FC 24, Tekken 7, Street Fighter 6, Counter-Strike 2 and Call of Duty: MW III, where winners will score a share of the R5 000 prize pool
- Call of Duty: MW III celebrity showmatch with Nasty C
- A virtual reality experience.
Attendees of the Goliath Gaming YX23 Gaming Festival stand a chance to win a variety of giveaways throughout the day, including official Goliath Gaming and Nedbank merch, cash prizes, a PlayStation5, and more.
More information about the Goliath Gaming YX23 Gaming Festival, full schedule for the day, registration and Ts and Cs for the live EA FC 24 tournament and more can be found here.To learn more about YouthX, which uplifts, develops and unlocks the potential of youth through YouthX Live events, the YouthX Awards and YX23, all of which are underpinned by Nedbank’s commitment to imparting financial education to young people, visit unlocked.me/Potential.