The long-awaited music video for Cape Town muso Marsha Bothma’s vibey song Vlam in My Hart, written as a tribute to her husband, is finally available on all major digital platforms.
“It’s an ode to the one I love. If you have a partner that you hold dear to your heart so much that you’re willing to describe who and what they mean to you, this song is for you,” she said.
The release of the music video is a precursor to the release of her full EP (an album of about three to six songs) in November this year. Bothma is one of three artists chosen during ATKV-Crescendo 2022 to have their albums produced.
“It was always a dream – a thought I believed was out of reach. I remember dancing in the mirror to Destiny’s Child at eight years old and knowing that singing was my dream. Getting to this point through ATKV-Crescendo has been nothing short of a dream. They saw something in me and accompanied me all the way. I am profoundly grateful for this life-changing opportunity,” she said.
Bothma was one of last year’s ATKV-Crescendo finalists and is currently an ambassador and spokesperson for the program. This sees her attending events and calling on prospective ATKV-Crescendo participants to “take their craft to the next level.
“I have learned so much about my craft and never realised the important role I played in society with the gift of music. It was such a privilege to connect and learn from my newfound friends and peers in the industry. I don’t take the opportunity to create songs or collaborate with amazing people to bring my craft to life lightly,” she said.
Marsha’s song Vlam in My Hart was created during the ATKV-Crescendo process and released last year. It is an Afrikaans song with an afro-jazz vibe which showcases Bothma’s vocal range and her ability to connect with the audience. Her full EP is a mix between RnB and Afrikaans, a contemporary music style she describes as an add-on to the Afrikaans genre.
“This will be my very first EP and I am so excited to share this with all of you. You can expect some afro-beats, ballads, and just all-around authenticity. It’s me, Marsha, through my music,” she said
Check out the video on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/Zj2qoe1sKDo
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES:
YouTube: @marsha (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdl1dhpQFTSmHXsVSFU0Bog)
BIOGRAPHY: MARSHA BOTHMA
- Marsha Bothma, a graduate of Stellenbosch University and singer/songwriter from Cape Town, has been singing since the age of eight and writing songs since twelve years old.
- She was a participant in the ATKV-Crescendo Mentorship Programme in 2022 and serves as a mentor in this year’s programme.
- Fun, yet introspective, her versatile style reflects her love for R&B, Afrikaans, gospel, pop, and house, to mention only a few.
- Her ability to write songs allows her to create anything that speaks to her heart and mind.
- As a singer, Marsha is known for her warm tone and vibrant energy during live performances which allows her to communicate with the audience through her music.
- Her hit song, Stronger, has made it to number one on HeartFM SA Top 10 and Radio Awakening.
- It accomplished the distinction to be featured on more than forty radio stations locally and internationally.