Soulful Cape Town-born singer and songwriter Fagrie Isaacs, is set to grace the stage at The Castle of Good Hope on 4 March 2023 for a musical celebration of love.
The show, dubbed The Ultimate Love Song Collection, sees Isaacs share the spotlight with South African musical greats; Andrea Fortuin, Nazneen Leeman, Karin Kortjie, and Donvino Prins under the musical direction of Charlton Daniels.
“I have put together a magnificent cast to take the audience on a musical journey of love songs that can only be described as ‘THE ULTIMATE LOVE SONG COLLECTION’”, he said.
Although his previous show at Hillsong Church, Century City in November last year cemented his claim as one of the best Luther Vandross tribute acts, Isaacs has opted to go with a broader repertoire for this concert.
“It is no secret that Luther Vandross is my favourite artist of all time, and I could not think of doing a show expressing myself through love songs and not include songs from the legend himself as I believe that good songs all have stories and no-one told them better than him, but I will also be doing songs from some of my other favourite artists,” he said.
With almost 35 years of experience entertaining audiences across the world, Isaacs brings his incredible stage presence and soulful voice to a show
“I will be performing songs from Luther Vandross, Peabo Bryson, James Ingram, Tom Jones, and Percy Sledge to name a few but I will also be performing some newer songs because there are a few amazing love songs from the last decade that I would like to showcase,” added Isaacs.
Isaacs believes that the beauty of his upcoming production is in the music’s ability to appeal to all ages.
“I love happiness and so I want to spread joy and happiness through the songs that I sing, so I most enjoy being able to connect with my audience and see the smiles on their faces when I’m performing. Sometimes it is as if I can see a song taking someone back in time and connecting with a younger version of themselves even though it is just for a short while, it is an amazing thing to witness,” he said.
Tickets for the show range from R200 to R300 and can be booked by simply sending a WhatsApp to the SME Booking line on the number 076 866 9767 and following a few simple instructions. Bookings enquiries can also be made via email: [email protected]
Venue: The Castle of Good Hope
Dates: Saturday 4 March 2023
Prices: General Entry: R200-R250 / VIP Entry: R350
Bookings: Tickets can be purchased via Naz Jacobs: 076 866 9767.
Email bookings can be made via: [email protected]
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@fagrieisaacs
ABOUT FAGRIE ISAACS
- Fagrie Isaacs started his musical journey at the age of six when he was the lead vocalist for his school choir. His love for music encouraged him to sing whenever and wherever he could and started a family group performing in various musical productions.
- He later joined Cape Town’s biggest and most loved boy band The Boyz and was their lead singer for many years. The album called Getting Ready for the Party was released in 2010, for the World Cup 2010 in South Africa, this led up to Fagrie being the lead male vocalist for the production of the Cape Carnival album.
- In local productions, Fagrie (with The Boyz) performed at the 2014 Music Alla Kaap and 2017 Rocking the City, an Alistair Isobel Production.
- As a solo artist, he featured in quite a few local music productions in Mother City. In 2014, he started his own events production company, Fi6 Events & Projects, producing sold-out events like FabuSolo featuring band artists who went solo, and in 2015 – 2018 productions like FabuSOUL featuring artists and band members, this included artists like The Rockets.
- Fagrie is also one of the three voices of the soulful trio with Nur Abrahams and Tye Platinum called SoulCut3 and had successful runs at Baxter Theatre, Roxy Revue bar as well as at the Divos 2017 with artists like Garth Taylor, Loyiso, Danny K, Lloyd Cele (Supreme3) at the Grand Arena.
- He was also the lead singer in his Islamic Gospel band called Unity and has performed nationally, and was the headline act for 5 years at the Al Ansaar Souk at the Durban ICC which is the biggest souk in the Southern hemisphere hosting over 350 000 people over 6 days. UNITY has also toured the UK after releasing their debut album called In Love and War where he wrote and composed most of the songs featured on the album, Listen to Oceans Apart.
- Fagrie also has a passion for the Malay choirs and is a Solo and Nederlands singer in the Malay choirs. The group Cape Malay Stars was invited to perform in New York at the iconic Carnegie Hall at the South African Ubuntu Festival in 2014.
- Part of his diverse culture and passion for music has him the TOP prize winner for the Coon song item boasting a whopping 19 first prize awards, the highest record ever. Fagrie also has a passion for the Malay choirs and is a Solo and Nederlands singer in the Malay choirs. The group Cape Malay Stars was invited to perform in New York at the iconic Carnegie Hall at the South African Ubuntu Festival in 2014.
- Part of his diverse culture and passion for music has him the TOP prize winner for the Coon song item boasting a whopping 19 first prize awards, the highest record ever.
- With almost 35 years of experience entertaining audiences across the world, the stage has become his playground with an incredible stage presence and soulful voice he captures his audience so easily. His musical delivery, dynamic vocal ability, and range make Fagrie Isaacs an artist to take note of. Fagrie is currently managed by Simplified Management & Events (SME) and their journey together marks the beginning of bigger things yet to come.
- He cemented his claim to the title of extraordinary Luther Vandross cover artist with a 2022 tribute show at Hillsong Church, Century City.