Preparing for any exam resembles running a marathon. It requires planning, consistency and above all, patience. But more often than not, exam aspirants sprint too fast and wear out too early. They tend to lose track of their action plan and stray away from the goal at hand. Even with RRB, IBPS, Bank PO, SSC CGL and SSC CHSL Syllabus available online and multiple sources to guide you through the preparation phase, it turns out to be way harder than it seems in writing.
With the advent of the digital era, various exam preparation strategies have seen a seismic shift, just like all other facets of our lives. And in this ever-changing academic landscape, it is pivotal to adapt to the newer ways of learning.
On that note, let’s talk about five points that need to be kept in mind for successful and effective preparations for today’s exams.
- Leverage E-Learning Portals – With the dramatic surge in online learning portals in recent times, the need to leverage their potential cannot be underestimated. Be it government sector vacancies or college seats, E-Learning has made it super easy for students these days to get their hands on good quality study material at nominal costs. Access to these study banks is key to performing well in any exam during the heavily digitised era at present. Moreover, with a wide majority of conducting bodies dropping offline ways and shifting to online methods for exams, it becomes important for every aspirant to get accustomed to this platform.
- Networking Opportunities – While networking might sound a bit superficial when related to academics, it has a key role to play in the long run. With access to the internet and penetration of smartphones, students can interact with teachers and fellow aspirants at the tap of their fingers. This facility can be used to gain cognizance of a plethora of unknown concepts, that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. Students should take advantage of the fact that they can clear all their doubts without having to be physically present next to the teacher. Also, they can interact with their batchmates and fellow aspirants to exchange information and get to know where they’re lagging.
- Comfort with Computer Screens – One of the many overlooked factors in most of the recently conducted examinations is that they require candidates to sit long hours in front of glaring computer screens. Exposure to such strong and unhealthy light for an extended period of time can be cumbersome for aspirants that are used to pen-and-paper. Therefore, it becomes imperative for all aspirants to prepare accordingly and get used to such circumstances. For instance, the SSC CHSL Admit Card mentions all possible details pertaining to the online exam hall environment, which candidates can replicate at home easily.
- Importance of handy short notes – Since most of the study material, including notes, question banks and more, are available in PDF format these days, it is easy to forget the importance of handwritten data. But keeping short notes that cover all major concepts and formulas will do you a world of good. Their importance for exam preparation should never be undervalued. Try to write concise pieces of information and skim through them every once in a while. You will realise that this is much easier than scrolling through multiple PDF files to look for a single forgettable formula.
- Less is More – With the internet flooded with study material for each subject of every possible exam on planet earth, it is tough to distinguish the good from the bad. Make sure to not overstuff your repository of resources, and try to absorb information from limited sources only. Get in touch with seniors and industry veterans to get hold of the right material, and stick to the basics. Cramming too much information will leave you directionless when adversity hits during the exam.