Bouwer Bosch is one of the biggest names in the local entertainment space today. Not only is he an exceptional singer and actor, but he’s a philanthropist as well. Besides being a part of the popular band Straatligkinders, Bouwer has just released a beautiful new collaborative EP with Lucinda Neethling titled ‘Waar Die See Die Kus Omhels’.
Now, we get a deeper glimpse into Bouwer as he shares these 10 fun facts:
- Bouwer didn’t simply stop at getting his driver’s license. He also has his truck license and still gets behind the wheel of a truck every now and again.
- While Bouwer’s career catapulted thanks to his love for music and performances in the band Straatligkinders, he had a different passion before he hit the big time – dance. “I was actually a dancer in the USA for a while,” Bouwer says. “I was a dancer before I was a musician and it’s something I am still proud of”.
- Bouwer is convinced that he was born with a mustache – something that has since become his signature look.
- He was once pulled over while doing an interview on air. The singer says that he once called into the DJ Fresh show when the Big Dawg was still on 5FM and while answering a question, he was pulled over by the metro police because he was on his phone. “I told the officer that I am on the phone with DJ Fresh so he took my phone to confirm it and DJ Fresh talked him out of a ticket,” Bouwer recalls. “It all happened live on air!”
- Tennis is one of Bouwer’s favourite sports. “I was a provincial tennis player in high school and my first dream was to represent South Africa at Wimbledon. Now I serve this country in other ways,” Bouwer says.
- When asked if he has any other special skills we should know of, Bouwer says that he can make two-minute noodles in a minute. Impressive.
- Bouwer will appear on the upcoming season of Tropika Island Of Treasure. The series will take place in Curacao (in the Caribbean) and Bouwer’s contagious energy and zingy personality makes him the perfect fit to be #TeamOrange’s leader!
- He has starred in a variety of big screen blockbusters including ‘Klein Karoo,’ ‘Mooirivier,’ ‘Sy Klink Soos Lente’, ‘Thys & Trix,’ ‘Vuil Wasgoed’ and many more. Many of the movies he has been attached to have had a solid run at the local box office.
- He launched the popular ‘Liefde Wen’ organisation – a charity that aims to make the world a better place through love. The star has launched a popular online store and has built an impressive brand as he continues to raise funds to help make South Africa a better place.
- In 2020, Bouwer wants to put a lot more of his attention into music development. “I am passionate about South Africa and the sound it can bring to the table and I want to get more involved with the artist development stage. I would love to create a platform to help up-and-coming musicians reach their dream. I’m still figuring how, but it’s on my 2020 mission list.”