In this video by ‘Multimedia LIVE’ we see how a young woman is being pinned down by a Metro Police officer in the Douglasdale police station while someone else takes a blood sample on 2 July 2019. The video went viral on social media and many questions need to be answered. She is obviously in pain and crying out for help. The FF Plus wants to determine the following:
• What lead up to these events?
• Did the woman take a breathalyser test?
• Did the relevant police officers commit any offences and if so, what are the consequences for their misconduct?
• Why is the woman being held down so blood can be drawn? What is the normal procedure in such a case?
• What is the Johannesburg Metro Police and the South African Police Service’s mandates in such cases?
The FF Plus in Gauteng is also requesting the victims of the incident to contact the party on [email protected] or 012 665-0564. Kobus Hoffman: 071 640 7283 Franco de Lange: 082 358 3882.
South Africa Today – South Africa Media