Blackjack is one of the most popular table games in South Africa. Betway, and other South African online casinos, offer classic Blackjack and its many variations. If you aren’t sure about whether you’ll like this game, read on.
Blackjack is a game of both luck and strategy, and that is why it is so popular among gamblers around the world. So, let us learn more about playing Blackjack online in South Africa.
You have a blackjack if your hand totals 21, and you will see that in most cases, blackjack pays 3:2. So, you get $3 for every $2 bet. Here are some other scenarios:
- If your hand is lower than 21, you will win both your bet and the dealer’s bet.
- If your hand is higher than 21, we call it as a bust, and you lose.
- On the other hand, if your hand total is equal to the dealer’s hand total, it’s a push. You will get your bet back in this case.
Blackjack has one of the lowest house edge among casino games. Its house edge is a mere 0.5%.
What to look for in an online casino before playing Blackjack?
There are three things that you must look for in an online casino before playing Blackjack on it. The first is bonus offers. Bonuses are exclusive to online casinos, and they boost your payroll immensely.
A substantial payroll will allow you to execute more aggressive Blackjack strategies. The more aggressive the strategy, the bigger the wins.
The second thing you must look for is how many Blackjack variations are there in the casino library. There are many Blackjack variations, and all of them are very interesting. You can try out the variations if you get bored with the classic Blackjack.
The third thing you must look for is the software provider. The graphics, sound and overall quality of the games depend on the software provider. Games made by reputed software providers will give you a good gaming experience and smooth gameplay.
Some reputed software providers are Evolution Gaming, BetSoft Gaming, Pragmatic Play, Red Tiger Gaming, Real Time Gaming and more.
You can visit these online casinos to play Blackjack and its variations.
Blackjack Basic Strategy
The Blackjack basic strategy is highly effective and will let you win most hands. Let us have a look at them:
- Do not opt if you got a pair of 10s. A couple of 10s make a total of 20, which gives you a very high chance of winning.
- You should Split if you have got a pair of 8s. Two 8s is equal to 16, and that is one of the worst possible hands in Blackjack. The chances of winning with a 16 are less, and if you Hit with a 16, you might go bust.
- Do not Split if you got a pair of 5s. Opt for Double in this scenario.
- Always choose Stand if your hand total is greater than 17.
- Start playing with a substantial bet amount. Keep betting the same amount if you are winning. Lessen the bet amount if you encounter a loss.
Playing online Blackjack is fun and exciting. The fast pace of the game coupled with excellent graphics will give you a fantastic gaming experience.