“For those wounded by civilization, yoga is the most healing salve.”-T. Guillemets
Sometimes it is necessary to hit the pause button on everything, to leave work, friends, family, and civilization behind, simply to take care of yourself. If you are looking for a choice of yoga destinations to escape to, to fill your life with the goodness of yoga, meditation and more, Costa Rica is an upcoming destination with excellent options to be spoilt for. Blessed with beautiful beaches, volcanoes, rainforests and rich biodiversity, it is one of the safest countries to travel to. If you are looking for a stunning and tranquil place for your next yoga trip, Costa Rica is where you should be. Here are some of the best yoga retreats Costa Rica has to offer.
- Luna Lodge – Spread over an expansive area of 60 acres of rainforest on the hills near Corcovado National Park, Luna Lodge provides extensive sessions on yoga, meditation, philosophy and more, along with nutritious healthy meals. Offering breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, this retreat promises serenity and solitude to aid in self-reflection and meditation.
- Nature hikes
- Excellent spa
- Bodhi Tree Yoga Resort – Situated in the village of Nosara, this retreat focuses on water as the source of life, featuring fountains and millennium pool on the property and waterfalls and beaches around. They offer group and private yoga sessions, workshops, and more. They boast of excellent modern amenities, Wi-Fi, hot water, and air conditioning etc.
- Solar panels power the resort
- Plastic-free zone
- Playa Cativo Lodge – Nestled in the lap of lush nature in the Osa Peninsula, this resort offers a number of wellness packages, which include yoga, meditation, nature tours, excursions and more – all of which aims to heal the body, mind and soul. You can also enjoy dolphin and whale sightings at the beach.
- Home grown organic food
- Excellent beach and activities
- Wander Freely – Far away from the madness of civilization, in the jungles of Costa Rica resides one of the most unique yoga destinations, Wander Freely. They offer various yoga and meditation sessions, massage, hiking, snorkeling, scuba diving etc with a gorgeous view of the ocean. They also organize a number of personal growth and development classes and workshops.
- Nutritious organic food
- Unique flora and fauna
- Spiritual Nature Yoga Holiday – Offering unparalleled tranquility, this retreat has excellent yoga and meditation programs to aid their participants experience physical wellness along with self-introspection. With majestic views of Arenal Volcano, Arenal Lake, and El Castillo Valley you can enjoy spa, massage, hydrotherapy, naturopathy tea, organic vegetarian meals, detox smoothies and more.
- Cacao tour and workshop
- Natural thermal spring
- Surf Camp and Yoga Retreat – This is one of the most unique and affordable yoga retreats Costa Rica can offer. Combining two apparently unrelated disciplines of yoga and surfing, this retreat unifies them with the common need for fitness, control and breathing. Offering a number of styles of yoga classes and surfing lessons, they have options for people with various skills levels.
- Photos and videos of surfing sessions
- Delicious meals
- Ahki Retreat – With its modern amenities, this breathtakingly beautiful resort is built keeping in mind the alignments dictated by Vaastu Shastra. It organizes various programs with a series of enlightening classes on yoga, meditation, Vinyasa flow, Yoga Nidra, Restorative Yin, Ayurveda, Reiki, sound healing, spa treatments, etc. They also offer hiking, kayaking, cafe hopping etc to keep it exciting.
- Pool and loungers to relax in
- Surrounded by nature
- Pranamar Villas and Yoga Retreat – Situated on the shores of the gorgeous Playa Santa Teresa in Nicoya Peninsula, Pranamar Villas have stunning accommodation options in villas and bungalows made out of local bamboo and adorned with Indonesian furniture. They organize yoga classes and retreats for skill levels. There is also an excellent spa, which offers relaxing massages, soft tissue bodywork, detoxification, reflexology etc.
- Perfect for surfing
- Massages on the beach
- Breathe in Life – This is a retreat for people who are not major sticklers for strict schedules and instead want to enjoy a relaxed vacation, languishing, socializing and making friends. This is a physically and emotionally enriching yoga retreat, which offers classes by several renowned teachers without a stifling routine.
- Infrared Sauna
- Samsati Retreat & Rainforest Sanctuary – Spread over 270 acres of rainforest on the Caribbean coast, this retreat has been awarded for being one of the top 5 yoga destinations. They offer yoga lessons, Thai yoga massage, guided nature tours, yoga and surf packages etc.
- Top yoga teachers
- Sustainable vegetarian and non vegetarian meals
- Conscious Creators Retreat – Surrounded by jungles and situated by the sea, this is a retreat where participants come to unwind, relax and rejuvenate. Offering a variety of classes on yoga, meditation, self-reflection and more, this is where self growth is always in focus.
- Luxurious accommodation and infinity pool
- The Path of Happiness Holistic Yoga Retreat – This retreat believes in holistic healing and growth of the body, mind and spirit. Participants are instructed in the Quantum Flow method, focusing on breath works, sounds, sights, feelings and more to help every individual to connect with themselves.
- Gourmet food
- Tropical gardens with birds and butterflies
Offering a rich diversity of flora and fauna, Costa Rica is one of the very few places on the planet that is not swarming with the crowds of tourists. Owing to the recent rise in the awareness of yoga, a number of excellent yoga retreats have come up, offering a wide range of options and services. With these amazing and affordable yoga retreats Costa Rica has, look no further than this tropical paradise for your next vacation.