The organizers of the RUN YOUR CITY (RYC) Series are proud to welcome the City of Joburg as a partner of the exciting 2021 JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition that will take place nationally on Friday 24 September in celebration of Heritage Day!
“The City of Joburg is a valuable partner of the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN, and this year we are extremely proud to extend the partnership to the 2021 Virtual Edition,” says Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports and Founder of the RYC Series. “As it’s the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition, runners from across South Africa are invited to unite in the spirit of camaraderie, pride and celebration as we celebrate National Heritage Day together. South Africans from all walks of life are encouraged to celebrate their culture and the diversity of their beliefs and traditions. Let’s #RunJoburg together!”
According to Councilor Margaret Arnolds, City of Joburg Member of the Mayoral Committee (MMC) for Community Development, the City of Joburg is a proud partner of the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN. “Not only does this partnership speak to the City’s mandate of creating healthier and more active communities, but also to provide the opportunity to all people, young and old, fit or unfit to run or walk in celebration of Heritage Day! The partnership has annually seen 10 000 participants in the streets of the inner-city of Johannesburg, being active in their togetherness. The 2021 race will only be different in being virtual, hosting more than 15 000 participants from across the country, bearing the name of the spectacular City of Joburg! Heritage Day is there to celebrate and look beyond cultural boundaries, we would like to encourage runners to use the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition to celebrate life and unity within diversity!”
EVENT INFORMATION: JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition
|Event Date:||Friday 24 September 2021|
|Time:||between 05:00 – 12:00|
|Route:||Runners choose their own location and route|
|Entries Open:||Thursday 05 August 2021|
|Enter by midnight on Friday 10 September 2021 and have your Race Pack delivered in time for Race Day!|
|Entries Close:||Midnight 22 September 2021|
The entry fee includes:
- Entry into the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition
- An event Race Pack to the value of R400. Race Pack contents will include:
- JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition Performance Event Tee
- JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition Participation Medal
- City of Joburg Headscarf
- Race Number & Safety Pins
- Coca Cola 300ml Bottle
- VAWTER 300ml Can (optional)
- Access to the RYC Tracking App to use during the Virtual Run. The App will be available to download from the Google Play and App Store from Friday 10 September 2021 and will track the runner’s progress on their actual route, while showing their ‘virtual position’ on the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN event route.
- Race Pack delivery to the provided pickup location as selected during the entry process.
- In addition to the Participation Medal, all finishers will also receive a digital finisher’s medal and certificate.
- Exciting PUMA prizes will be up for grabs on the event’s social media platforms on race day.
CHARITY SUPPORT: When entering online participants can choose to support the following RYC Series Charities: Cotlands, Johannesburg Heritage Foundation, Johannesburg SPCA, Reach For A Dream Foundation, TREE, Durban & Coast SPCA, LIV Village, iThemba Lethu, help2read, Die Burger Kinderfonds and The Cape Of Good Hope SPCA.
The RYC Series has partnered with GivenGain. When entering the JOBURG 10K CITYRUN Virtual Edition online, runners can also start their own fundraising page and support a cause that lies close to their hearts.
Remember to share your experience via social media!
Facebook: Joburg10K / @burgerkinderfonds / The Reach For A Dream Foundation / @CapeofGoodHopeSPCA /
@help2read / @cotlands
Instagram: @Joburg10K / @reach_for_a_dream / @capespca / @help2readsouthafrica / @cotlands
PLEASE NOTE: All runners must protect their health and safety and that of others by social distancing while running. Runners are encouraged to stay up to date on the latest news and guidelines from their local and national authorities