Dubai is known for its rich cultural heritage, friendly Emirati people and warm welcome. The weather is warm and sunny throughout the year, which makes it perfect to experience the deserts, shopping malls, mesmerizing beaches and more. Many South African tourists love Dubai, and come here quite often to enjoy Dubai’s attractions. So, if you’re a resident staying in South Africa and want to see Dubai then follow these simple steps for UAE visa for South African citizens.
Do South Africans need a visa for Dubai?
Yes, if you wish to travel to the UAE, you’ll have to apply for a visa beforehand. With the help of modern technology, you’ll be glad to know that, it only takes about 3 to 4 working days for processing the visa.
Different Types of Dubai Visas For South African
There are different types of Visas you can apply before traveling to Dubai. These are some of the types.
- 96hr Visa – Acting as a transit visa, if you wish to stay in Dubai for less than 4 days, then 96hr visa is the right choice.
- 30 Days Visa – If you wish to travel to Dubai for a short holiday vacation then 30 days visa is the perfect one.
- Multi-Entry Short-Term Visa – This visa allows you to stay for a period of 30 days. This visa helps during a situation where you may need to leave the country and then come back again.
- 90 Days Long-term Visa – If you wish to stay and learn everything about the Emirates, then you must apply for this visa.
- Multi-Entry Long-Term Visa – This visa is best for those who come to United Arab Emirates frequently for business purposes. The validity of this visa is for 90 days.
- GCC Resident Visa – If you happen to be a resident of the UAE, then you can apply for this visa which has a validity of 30 days.
- GCC Accompanied – If you’re visiting UAE with a GCC resident, then you can apply for this visa which has a validity of 30 days.
Validity of Visas – The visas for entering UAE has a validity of either 30 or 60 days based on the date of issue. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months once you leave UAE. The procedure takes around 3 to 4 working days before you get the visa.
UAE Visa Requirements For South African –
These are Dubai visa requirements for South African Passport holders.
- Application form to be completed without leaving behind any information.
- A copy of your return flight ticket.
- 2 recent colour photographs that must have a white background.
- Confirmation of your hotel.
- Itinerary based on your travel.
- Letter from your bank to let the embassy know about your fund statement while traveling to UAE.
- A letter from your employer if you’re working with an organization. The letter must include your complete information.
These are the documents you’ll need to submit for visiting UAE for business purpose.
- Confirmation from the hotel as to where you’re staying.
- A letter or an invitation letter from the organization based in UAE.
These are the documents you need to submit if you’re applying for multi-visit long-term visa for visiting family.
- Relationship proof.
- Copy of your hosts passport and letter.
Where to Apply? –
There are various centres in South Africa, making it easy for applying a visa for UAE. Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban has processing centres for applying visa for UAE.
Online sites like Rayna Tours, Imon holidays and Only Dubai Visa allows you to fill an application form online.
Booking an Appointment –
Remember these steps if you’re directly going to the processing centre.
- Make sure to fill the application form completely.
- Submit only the documents that are required.
- Pay at the end.
If you wish to apply Dubai visa online, then follow these simple things.
- Visit the online page.
- Make sure to fill all the details online.
- Upload all the necessary and required documents.
- Pay the fee with the help of your debit or credit card. (Please understand, Visa and Mastercards are the once accepted.)
- After successful payment, a confirmation will be sent to your email.
- Once visa application has gone properly, copy of your visa will be sent on your email.
So, South Africans, follow the above given information, and have a great time in Dubai or any other UAE city.