Discover the second largest continent in the world with its finest geographical features, immense wildlife creatures, diverse cultures, and stunning beaches! Experience all these amazing topographies and sightseeing only in Africa!
Travel and Tourism Statistics in Africa
According to the African Development Bank Group, there’s a significant upturn in the tourism sector of the continent with the total international visits of 62.9 million in 2016. Africa garnered $36.2 billion revenue, comprising 3% from the global tourism receipts.
When it comes to the data gathered by Statista.com in 2017, the most visited places are Morocco, South Africa, Tunisia, Algeria, Zimbabwe, Egypt, Kenya, and Mauritius. Now, let’s explore the most popular places being search in Africa this 2019!
When you come across the word Morocco what comes to your mind? Well, there are countless things to explore in Morocco.
- You may visit the Imperial City of Fez and buy their famous leather products.
- Have a sneak peek with the blue streets of Chefchaoeun and spend some time with their street-side cafes and guesthouses.
- Take a dip and try their steam bath in their famous and traditional hammam. A fascinating cultural way to cleanse and exfoliate your body and soul.
- Experience walking on the sand dunes of the Sahara Desert and get a chance to have an overnight stay to see the beauty of the stars.
- You can also do trekking at the high Atlas Mountains and see the paradise of the top view sightseeing.
- If you love surfing, you may visit the Taghazout around the Atlantic Coast of Morocco. Ride on your surfboard and flip on the huge waves of the Atlantic Coast.
2. South Africa
If you want to take advantage of nature’s beauty, this is a must-see place to visit!
- Start your journey at the heart of the Cape Town and experience their fun-filled sandboarding and abseiling.
- Splurge and unwind at the V & A Waterfront and get the best seaside view from their hotel’s lovely terraces.
- Next tourist attraction is their famous Cango Caves. It has the best rock formations and massive chambers. If you will explore this place, you will surely say that it’s like an ancient museum!
- Nothing beats the experience seeing the giraffes, zebras, and wildebeest running in front of you!
- Get the chance to experience the Safari life while riding on a horse at the A World of Heritage Horse Safari.
- Also, don’t forget to experience the microlight flight at Ballito Microflight School and take a zipline adventure at the South Africa Canopy Tours.
Anyone knows the Safari wild-life parks but only a few really experience its natural beauty. If you want to visit the ever-famous Safari, this is the best time to go to Kenya!
- Ride on their 4×4 land cruisers and start your sighting at the Maasai Mara National Reserve. It’s splendid name derives from the people of Mara known as Maasai while Mara came from the word “mottled” which refers to the acacia trees and clouded studded skies of the area.
- Have honeymoon at Angama Mara,
- Aside from the Maasai Mara National Reserve, you may also explore the other popular parks of Kenya such as Tsavo National Park, Samburu National Reserve, Amboseli National Reserve, Hell’s Gate National Park, and Lake Nakuru National Park.
Massive rock formations, smoky hills and falls, and countryside parks are the most interesting places that Zambia has to offer. Take a tour at their Siavonga town and appreciate the scenery of the hills, Zambezi Valley, shoreline, beaches, and walking trails.
- Take a picture-perfect scenery of their Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park and witness the cascading falls, smoky hills, and greenish plateaus.
- You may also consider visiting the wild-life countryside parks of Zambia such as Kasanka National Park, Nsumbu National Park, and South Luangwa National Park. Get a chance to see the elephants, water buffalo, crocs, zebras, a herd of deer, etc.…
To get your Africa itinerary done, don’t forget to write down Tanzania on your list.
- If you love trekking and climbing on the mountainous landscapes, you should consider the Mount Kilimanjaro
- Their Furtwangler Glacier gives you a Mount Everest experience. At the summit of the 5895 meters high, you will be surprised with the astonishing iconic view from its peak.
Aside from the trekking, there are several must-see destinations in Tanzania such as Serengeti Safari, Zanzibar Turquoise Beach, Tarangire National park, Lake Manyara, and Gombe Stream National Park.
Africa has some of the best exotic, cultural, and unique landscapes, beaches, and sceneries. To enhance your experience, read the travel tips.