Nowadays, many couples who have been in a long-term relationship are reinvigorating their bond by planning their second honeymoon. Well, contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to be married more than once to go for a second honeymoon.
You can go for a second honeymoon with your significant other if:
- The both of you feel that your marriage can benefit by taking a second trip together. This one would be in honor of your marriage, more than being in honor of your love.
- Your first honeymoon was cut short because of financial dictations. You have more money with you currently, and also have plans of visiting someplace nice.
- You know that there is need for some secluded time together for the both of you. The two of you have worked as hard as you possibly could, and now want to head out and have some good old fun.
Things to Consider
Well, we know you are all hyped up to know the locations we have for you here, but before we mention these locations, we will have a look at the things you should consider as part of these plans that you are making:
- Remember to leave the kids behind in safe hands. The kids can come along as well, but you would preferably love some alone time. So, the kids can be at home, while the both of you cuddle up together without any responsibilities. Just like it was back in the day.
- Plan the vacation together. One partner should not take the lead in the planning process. And both of you should make the plans together. Make the event fun and memorable.
- During your second honeymoon, it would be a good idea to renew your vows. Many resorts around the globe offer special vow renewal services for couples that are looking to renew their vows.
- Make sure that the both of you are doing things that you love, and that there is no pressure whatsoever on any of you. You need to be enjoying the time, without the pressure of the clock or the finances troubling you.
- Don’t expect the time spent together as a means to solve all your problems. The time spent together would build your bond and make it even stronger.
- Have a surprise gift with you to make your partner fall in love with you all over again. There are multiple things you can add to the package to make it exciting and fun.
- Remember to keep things light and humorous. We get that it is as nervous for you as it is for them, but always remember that you can burn down a fire through the right mix of humor. Make sure that you’re going light on your partner, and that you’re not pestering them with any details or any complications of your own.
Best Second Honeymoon Destinations
According to Tony Tsiamis, CEO of GS Diamonds – wedding and engagement rings’ distributor, the newlyweds choose the next destinations for their honeymoon
Look at these destinations, and make your mind up over which one would best appeal to you:
Look no further than St. Lucia if you want a luxury honeymoon in the Caribbean. Dance to the waves in the Caribbean and be swept away by the magnificent weather and the exotic beaches. The lush mountains, dotted with picturesque resorts are worth dying for. You can visit the beach for a swim and some sand fun, while you can also head on top one of the lush green mountains to explore the wildlife of the region.
With parks, sanctuaries and beaches, St Lucia is the perfect destination for everyone looking to enjoy their second honeymoon.
Regardless of whether you are the adventurous type or want some calm in your relation, Hawaii can meet your needs. The location is close to the United States and offers the best of both worlds. The location greets you with picturesque resorts that are located in patches across the wonderful coastline of the country.
The good thing about Hawaii is that, just like St. Lucia, it also offers a wonderful mix of beaches and lush green hills. And, you need a bit of both for your second honeymoon. Let the forces of nature pull you over into their grasp, as you rekindle the lost flames in your love within the brilliant air of Hawaii.
If you and your sweetheart really want a getaway from all that is troubling you, then Maldives is the location that you should be headed to. Located away from it all, Maldives is not your typical honeymoon destination.
The country is host to wonderful beaches that give you the most tranquil and colorful view of water. The lush green scenery of the location, couples up with the light blue water to present a picture that is fit for heaven. You can also visit the spas and private bungalows at Maldives to truly experience the lavish lifestyle in full flow.
Located in Italy, Amalfi Coast is an amalgamation of rugged shorelines heading southwest, colorful villages with colorful homes and steep cliffs. The nature around the area is fantastic, and the wonderful view just makes it even amazing.
You can head to Amalfi Coast for your next honeymoon and spice up your love in a method unparalleled by any other. You can head to any of the 100 beaches located within the region and be amazed by the view on offer here. Try to visit in the winters, so that you can avoid rubbing shoulders with the hordes of other tourists that come to that region.
Fiji and the beaches located within the country offer perfect postnuptial comfort and relaxation. The beaches in Fiji are full of fun-filled activities and are some of the best in the whole world. You can find clean sand and tranquil blue water in the area, with the water sweeping your mind away. The private couples massage offered by locals on the beach is something to die for, as it makes for an amazing experience. You can share some amazing private time with your loved one and sit down for a private couples massage.
Florence is a city located within the country of Italy. If you have been planning for your honeymoon, you might have most definitely come across the name of Florence in Italy. Florence has a brilliant culture of art and history, with amazing and mouthwatering cuisines.
The place is perfect for couples that are into art. You can come with your loved one and rekindle the flames in your relationship, by walking within the amazing labyrinth of stone streets within the city. You can also gaze at the beauty that was Michelangelo’s David, and appreciate other forms of art located in and around the city. The night life in Florence is amazing, and you can sip on some local wine and eat the food that makes Italy great. All in all, everything about Florence spells love, and since you need more of it, this is the place to head to.
North Island in Seychelles
Next on our list of best destinations for your second honeymoon is North Island in Seychelles. The place is a romantic getaway for most couples, and has been host to a lot of celebrities.
The island is host to the Anse Intendance, Beau Vallon, National Marine Park and Victoria Island among many sights. You can preferably visit during April to June or September to November, based on whatever sounds more convenient to you.
Paris is a traveler’s delight. The city has some of the most romantic getaway locations, and is also host to romance hubs of the world. The Eiffel Tower and the Louvre Museum should be top on your list along the Opera de Paris and the Arc De Triomphe.
You can visit the city in between June to August and enjoy the sights and sounds of love around you.
Koh Lanta, Thailand
Koh Lanta, Thailand is the best out of the islands of Thailand. The location offers a mix of peaceful locations, with fantastic beaches that can amuse hydrophilic couples. Koh Lanta is renowned as a perfect getaway for inspiring your romance.
You can head to Kor Kwang Beach, Klong Dao Beach and the Ko Lanta Natural Park for seeing nature’s beauty in full flow here.
Ubud in Bali is undoubtedly one of the most romantic, yet affordable places to visit. The island is perfect for newlyweds and packs the goodness of nature’s beauty to help you reinvigorate your married life.
You can head over to the city in between June to September and be mesmerized by the Tegalang Rice Terrace, the Neka Art Museum and the Campuhan Ridge Walk.
I would describe myself as someone who is honest, caring, intelligent, hardworking, and ambitious. I work as GSDiamonds blog editor. I have a great sense of humour. I am an easy going person & don’t get easily disturbed by down’s in my life. I am fun loving, down to earth and very much Optimist. I love travelling, sightseeing, listening to rock music, reading all the latest fiction novels.