2019 Edition Features Innovation Showcase; Event Registration Now Open
LONDON-Tuesday 11 June 2019 [ AETOS Wire ]
(BUSINESS WIRE)– The GSMA today announced the first speakers for the 2019 Mobile 360 Series – Africa conference, which will take place 16-18 July 2019 at the Kigali Convention Centre, Kigali, Rwanda and is themed ‘Rise of the Digital Citizen’. Sponsors for the event include MTN Rwanda (Host Sponsor); Mastercard (Headline Sponsor); Channel VAS (Fintech Sponsor); Telepin and Visa (Industry Sponsors); Safaricom and Telecom Egypt (Mobile Partners); and Ericsson, Facebook and TATA Communications (Series Sponsors). Following a successful launch last year, the event will again feature the Innovation Showcase including the #BetterFuture Stage, highlighting how the mobile and ICT industry is working towards achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
“Technology is driving change in Africa and the telecom sector is set to thrive. With more than half a billion people across Africa now subscribed to a mobile network, connectivity is delivering access to a range of essential services such as digital identity, healthcare and financial services,” said John Hoffman, CEO, GSMA Ltd. “We are excited to return to Rwanda for a second year. As technology and entrepreneurship gathers speed across the region, at the event we will be exploring the age of the digital citizen and the positive impact of mobile throughout this vibrant region.”
Industry Leaders to Keynote
At Mobile 360 – Africa, CEOs and senior executives from leading companies in the mobile industry and throughout the digital ecosystem will address the most pressing trends and issues in mobile. Speakers confirmed to present at Mobile 360 – Africa include:
- Daddy Mukadi Bujitu, Chief Regulatory Officer, Airtel
- Amolo Ng’weno, CEO, Bankable Frontier Associates
- Toyin Adeniji, Executive Director, Bank of Industry of Nigeria
- Kate Wilson, CEO, Digital Impact Alliance
- Eunice Ntobedzi, CEO, EmPowered FinTech
- Princess Sikhanyiso, Dlamini, Minister of ICT, Eswatini
- Frehiwot Tamiru, CEO, Ethio Telecom
- Reine Mbang Essobmadje, Founder and CEO Evolving Consulting and Chair of Digital Economy Committee, GICAM
- Daisy Zhu, 5G Chief Marketing Officer, Huawei
- Ashish Thakkar, Founder, Mara Group
- Simon Karikari, Managing Director, Millicom (Tigo) Tanzania
- Tawanda Sibanda, Partner, McKinsey
- Bart Hofker, CEO, MTN Rwanda
- Victor Alagbe, Chief Operating Officer and Blockchain Strategist, OneWattSolar
- Olumide Ogunlana, Co-Founder, PrepClass
- Zac Cheah, CEO, Pundi X
- Patrick Nyirishema, Director General, Rwanda Utilities Regulatory Authority (RURA)
- Stephen Chege, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Safaricom
- Debra Mallowah, Chief Development Officer, Safaricom
- Regina Honu, CEO, Soronko Academy
Focused on the Rise of the Digital Citizen, the conference will deliver thought-provoking keynote addresses, fireside chats and panel discussions that tackle key issues on trust, technology, future media and next generation connectivity. Setting out where Africa is in the global tech race, the event will delve into the long-term impact of digital across communities and industries and ask industry defining questions over the three days. The final day will host the bi-annual GSMA Mobile Money Leadership Forum, where industry will discuss current trends and future innovations in mobile money. The full conference agenda is available at www.mobile360series.com/africa/#agenda.
In addition to the main conference, Mobile 360 – Africa will highlight the initiatives and activities undertaken by the GSMA Mobile for Development programme. The event will focus on its work to increase access to and use of life-enhancing mobile services and to accelerate socio-economic improvements for the underserved, especially women, rural communities and youth. Additionally, the event will explore digital and financial inclusion, as well as identity for the unregistered.
Mobile 360 – Africa Registration Now Open
Registration for Mobile 360 – Africa is now open; individuals wishing to attend should visit www.mobile360series.com/africa/attend/attendee-registration/. For further information on Mobile 360 – Africa, including sponsorship opportunities, please visit www.mobile360series.com/africa/overview/. Follow developments and updates on Mobile 360 – Africa (#M360Africa) on Twitter @GSMA, on Facebook www.facebook.com/Mobile360Series and LinkedIn on www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-360-series.
Further information on the entire Mobile 360 Series of events is available at www.mobile360series.com/. Follow developments and updates on Mobile 360 Series (#Mobile360) on Twitter @GSMA and on Facebook www.facebook.com/Mobile360Series.